1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Issues with smoking weed

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by taliaaa92, Jul 1, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taliaaa92

taliaaa92 New Member

Hi Everyone,

So I started having migraines and TMJ issues a month ago. Then I thought it might be from my invisalign even though I have been on it for over year and just now getting migraines and TMJ. So I stopped it. But the issues were still there. I've also had neck and shoulder issues that would come and go away the last couple years. It would feel so tense sometimes. It wasn't until the last few weeks that I discovered TMS. The symptoms have subsided a lot ever since I started journaling. However, I've always smoked weed. For more than 10 years and never had any issue with it. But lately, ever since finding about TMS, every time I smoke my neck, shoulders and jaw would instantly tense up. It's driving me crazy and I have always loved smoking to relax. Could this be because my nervous system is seeing it as a threat right now?

fredZ9 likes this.
  2. Booble

Booble Well known member

Maybe your mind is saying, "Stop. I don't want to hide behind this weed anymore?"

JanAtheCPA likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

As @Booble is surmising, the key to facing symptoms is to to stop and listen to your inner dialogue. What is your fearful brain saying? Try doing some free writing when this happens, and be sure not to edit what you write down.

Amee1111 likes this.
  4. taliaaa92

taliaaa92 New Member

@Booble @JanAtheCPA Thank you for the responses! It's so annoying that my body is so sensitive to it now. I vape as well and the last few days it's been putting my body into fight or flight mode when I smoke that now too.

5. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Two comments. One, when you learn about TMS and all of the crap going on down there that you didn't know about it can change a lot of 'non related' stuff...I bit my nails for years. When I read HBP, not only did my pain go away, but one day I noticed that my nails were long...I literally stopped chewing them on a dime and it has never come back

Also.. I smoked Pot every day from ages 12-20, no problem...and then one day I got an anxiety attack instead...and it's never gone away. From talking to others I have found that my experience is really common. I used to blame it on the newer pot being too strong, but who knows...maybe when we move around stuff down there by the foundation stones, we change?

6. Booble

Booble Well known member

You don't need it. That's what is happening.
    What a wonderful opportunity to clean your body of it. Your brain wants to be free and alive.

7. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Locking this thread due to no recent posts except from spammers.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2022
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.