1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

It's sad

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Lessmore, Jan 6, 2021.

1. Lessmore

Lessmore New Member

I know it’s much nicer to see some positive story but I don’t have one to share with you. Exactly two years ago I found out about TMS and stopped with absolutely all examinations and therapies on a structural basis. Since then I have concentrated only on mindbody techniques. Otherwise, it is the lower back and groin, pain when moving and morning stiffness. In those two years I had maybe some 4-5 days less pain, absolutely not a single day without pain. I educated myself by reading 5 books on the topic of tms, I wrote continuously for 2 months on several occasions, tried to feel my emotions, did recovery program, paid for professional help regarding emotional intelligence and many other things related to that topic. The only thing I lost was the fear of pain, I don't care if it hurts or not, I just do what I want. I appreciate that, otherwise I worried a lot about my future and career because of those pains and constant deterioration. I have been at a dead end for a long time and I am losing motivation because it is frustrating to do anything in life without any results. Many talk about the costs of structural therapies and examinations...when I draw the line I can say that I did not spend anything less on education, books, documentaries, emotional therapy and everything else related to tms that I tried. I really don’t know how to proceed and in which direction. Well, I had to share it. Greetings and happy new year to all.

Balsa11 likes this.
  2. hecate105

hecate105 Beloved Grand Eagle

Whether it is tms or not - surely you have learnt much of value and become better at dealing with the stresses in your life...? I am sorry your pain has not stopped - if you had looked into physical causes before and have doing the tms work - #i can only suggest continuing - but don't let it skint you out - most things are free - meditation, journalling, walking in nature.... good luck!

Balsa11 likes this.
  3. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Do things that are relaxing and get you in rest and digest mode. Breath deeply to let go of the tension by helping your muscles unclench. Meditation, reading, talking to friends. Deliberately make time for fun and relaxation. Doing too much TMS work can take your focus away from living your life. Everything is fine in moderation.

The pitfall: people assume TMS work is heady and intellectual.

Turns out TMS work is experiential, not intellectual, this is why books and seminars are informative but applying what you learn is more like Somatic Tracking (explained in the Alan Gordon posts on the forum). It's about working with feelings expressed in and through your body.

hecate105 likes this.