1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Laura Haraka Success Story: Pelvic Pain, Pudendal Neuralgia, Interstitial Cystitis

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Laura Haraka, Dec 7, 2021.

1. Laura Haraka

Laura Haraka New Member

My journey began in May 2015 when I started having UTI symptoms. My symptoms got progressively worse so I went to a Urologist for testing. I had a cystoscopy and urodynamic study but they didn't find a cause for my discomfort. I then developed Chronic Pelvic Pain and after many tests, I was diagnosed with Pudendal Neuralgia and Interstitial Cystitis and Tarlov cysts. I had installations monthly for my bladder. I also had nerve blocks, illiolingual injections and botox. None of them helped.

I went to over 25 doctors all over the country. I was in tremendous amounts of pain and addicted to oxycodone. I tried many medications but none seemed to work. I also sought out holistic treatments and diets with no avail. I also went to pelvic floor physical therapy with little improvement.

Finally, I found the world of Mind Body medicine and healed. I practiced meditation and mindfulness on a daily basis. I also learned to feel my emotions in my body. I did this with the help of a hypnotherapist and somatic therapist. This is the reason I became a somatic therapist myself. Slowly I practiced self-care and compassion for myself. Eventually, I started healing and as of today I don’t have any more pain.

[​IMG]

This journey has changed my life forever and for the better. Through my training under Dr. Schubiner and Somatic Experiencing, I now want to help others heal from chronic pain.

Here is my story that I shared with Dan Buglio.

Here is my story on my youtube channel.

Feel free to contact me at mbcoachlaura@gmail.com
    or through my website https://www.feeltoheal.live

My social media handles are: Facebook and Instagram

2. Laura Haraka

Laura Haraka New Member