1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 letter to myself

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Fabi, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

During today's journalling l just had to write to itself, me in the past, maybe 10 years go. I needed to tell me how proud l am and that l send myself lots of hugs warm feelings.
    It means lot to be able to be for myself, it really does. I stayed in touch for me while feeling the warmfeelings
    Tension and fear of bein g afraid are tthe two emotions l an connect with pain and other symptoms. Tension is a quick trigger and since l feel very sensitive, almost anything can produce tension, and fear of being afraid is something l only have had a glimpse of.
    Pain increases the tension, the cycle has to be interrupted

MellieV, Renee and Stella like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This is wonderful Fabi. I hope you find a way to give yourself this experience on a regular basis!! It is nice to know we can "get back home."

Fabi likes this.
  3. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Andy
    Having this experience on a more regular basis is something I need to remind myself a lot. Thank you!

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Fabi. I'm glad you find it helpful to write yourself a letter and let it all hang out. Have you thought of emailing yourself a letter full of praise and love and hugs? Maybe send yourself articles or just reminders of how to be happy and free of pains.

5. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Hi Walt
    I actually mail myself to suave things to read, if not l can't find links later, but l had not thought about writing to myself. Maybe tonight l will write n email for me to have it read tomorrow. Thank you for the idea.
    Writing, writing, seems to be around in many different ways l enjoy.