1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Mindfulness may be missing link to your recovery.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by IndiMarshall, Jul 8, 2015.

1. IndiMarshall

IndiMarshall Well known member

I posted this here again to make sure it reaches everyone.
    This post explains what Mindfulness is all about ..

Generally Mind gets distracted. To answer this we need mindfulness meditation to live in present.
    It helps in changing the way we think, defines happniness, improves satisfaction & reduces the suffering in our lives that is there.

Mind has the bias towards negativity. Mindfulness meditation can change the structure of our brain.

Practicing 45 mins of Mindfullness can improve
    • decision making
    • concentration
    • life satisfaction
    • compassion

Mindfulness Mediation helps in living in present. Mindfulness meditation has been developed in south east Asia.
    Meditating and thinking to live in present moment will
    strengthen the nervous system. Its a workout for the brain.

You should not spiral into the negativity of any situation instead think positive. If you are late to office .. do not think negatively, instead think that may be some one is hurt in the road, some road workers are working all night.. This Positivity will strengthen the Brain Muscles.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2015
    3rdCoast, Boston Redsox and Forest like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

A wonderful video on mindfulness. Living in the present really is very important in life and TMS healing.

IndiMarshall likes this.
  3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Thx u

IndiMarshall likes this.
  4. Mala

Mala Well known member

very good!. I really liked the way he presented the talk.

mala

5. 3rdCoast

3rdCoast Peer Supporter

Great TEDx Talk, thanks for posting.

6. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

Good video!

Funny this came up. I've been studying and practicing mindfulness and mindfulness meditation lately. Definitely not easy.

7. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Just be in the present in what ever u do...that's how I practice it. If I am washing my car I am there washing my car seeing how soapy the water is our much dirt is on the car things like that