1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Mindfulness Techniques

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), Aug 7, 2017.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Several TMSers have recently posted asking for help with Mindfulness Meditation.

A free course is offered online at palousemindfulness.com

and 6 mindfulness exercises are at www.pocketmindfulness.com:
    1. Start by deep breathing. . One breath cycle should last for approximately 6 seconds. Or even better 4-7-8.
    2. Breathe in through your nose, hold the breath, then exhale through your mouth, letting your breath flow effortlessly in and out of your body.
    3. Let go of your thoughts. Let go of things you have to do later today or pending projects that need your attention. Simply let thoughts rise and fall of their own accord and be at one with your breath.
    4. Purposefully watch your breath, focusing your sense of awareness on its pathway as it enters your body and fills you with life.
    5. Then watch with your awareness as it works work its way up and out of your mouth and its energy dissipates into the world.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

I received several email replies regarding my thread. Glad to know it is helping.

fredb likes this.
  3. Lainey

Lainey Well known member

Also, someone posted in one of the threads this website. I went to it and found it to be good for learning meditation and think it is worth a try.

http://marc.ucla.edu/mindful-meditations (Free Guided Meditations - UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center - Los Angeles, CA)

Lainey

4. PattiAnn2763

PattiAnn2763 Newcomer

Thank You Walt I have been practicing a lot with breathing thru Kundalini Yoga & Meditation. You may want to try Hoffman Breathing technique

Namaste my friend:) I'm going to check out the link u sent:)