1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Morning Pages - Great for those who haven’t found success with journaling yet

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by CGP, Jan 10, 2022.

1. CGP

CGP Peer Supporter

Hi all,

I shared this on some of the Facebook groups but wanted to post here too.

This is a great resource for those of you who may never have clicked with the journaling that TMS experts recommend.

I saw something about this technique for encouraging creativity on Instagram and decided to try it, since I am a designer and sometimes face mental blocks/burnout. It has helped with creativity, yes, but I’m also experiencing a completely clear mind and no anxiety/swirling negative thoughts for the first time in my life. I also realized today that I’ve had no symptoms all week, since I started this. No pit in my stomach. It’s like each day you perform an exorcism of your dark passenger or something.

Wanted to share in case any of you wanted to give it a try. It’s important to not over engineer or try to write about specific things because you’re supposed to, but instead you just write anything that crosses your mind. I think maybe it’s worked so well for me because I haven’t been trying to control anything.

Hope this helps!

https://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/ (Morning Pages | Julia Cameron Live)

lina203 and plum like this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

I didn't know there was a website. I have been doing this since the fall and my songwriting has totally opened up.... I am doing her other exercises as well, the written and physical...well MOST of them. I haven't bought myself new curtains or listened to any albums (LOL)

She's a great teacher. Get's to some insights that I have missed my whole life.

plum and CGP like this.
  3. CGP

CGP Peer Supporter

I am amazed how many people I know who have used her methods! It does seem to work in a way nothing else has.

Baseball65 likes this.
  4. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

@CGP Thanks for this link my dear. Only these past few days have we been mentioning The Morning Pages and like @Baseball65 says I didn’t know there was a website either. Actually Marc you made me hanker to read the book again and I was certain it was lost in some box somewhere post housemove but no, it’s on one of the main bookshelves, waiting to be read again.

tag24 and Baseball65 like this.