1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Movies against repression of anger

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by GuyFromGermany, Aug 22, 2021.

1. GuyFromGermany

GuyFromGermany New Member

Hi all,

I recently had a good experience I would like to share with you:

With some friends we watched „Death Proof“ by Tarantino. I had seen it before but now that I learned about repression of emotions in TMS I watched it with new eyes and was fascinated… As you may know, Tarantino is known for violent episode movies and the characters are often strong, cool, self confident which fascinated me before (probably because I wanted to be more like them).

With a bit of spoiling I can say that in Death Proof successfully creates a badass, psychopath villain who you learn to hate passionately. It is amazing how Tarantino is able to build up deep emotional anger and rage in the audience against his villains. In the end it is a pleasure to see how brutal justice is being made and one is left with a deep sense of satisfaction.

I think it really helped me against repression of anger…

Have you had similar experiences? What are your favorite movies for opening up to anger and rage?

All the best!

Ellen and TG957 like this.