1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Muscle pain after two days of tightness - is it normal?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Stephan Ferreira, Sep 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Stephan Ferreira

Stephan Ferreira New Member

So, I experienced some heavy tightness in my right biceps these last two days after going to an ortopedist to deal with "RSI" and after scheduling an ultrassound. The tightness stopped, but now I'm experiencing some pain from it whenever I use the arm in a specific position, or bend it, like if it's sore. It's not severe, but it's quite noticeable. Is this normal?

2. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

I suggest that you read at least one Success Story every day, and get used to the fact that these stupid symptoms that come and go are completely normal, and that the tedious little details are completely unimportant.

Your actual problem right now is that you keep asking these questions! You MUST stop - because doing this is what is holding you back.

This is what is happening: your fearful primitive brain is tricking you into an activity that we call "Reassurance Seeking" and it is designed to keep you stuck and worried, instead of progressing to experience and accept the dangerous emotions that your brain does not want you to acknowledge.

Stephan, are you doing the SEP?