1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Muscle tension and repressed emotion

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Nicolas94, May 16, 2019.

1. Nicolas94

Nicolas94 Newcomer

Hello,
    When I read the testimonials and the pain recovery program, I note that this concerns the muscular tensions with origin of fear, stress and anxiety.
    But nothing about emotions repressed by autonomous muscular tensions (which I suffer). Yet it's also an emotional disorder.
    I search the guide for the cure of this disorder because I can't do it. Although I feel that the Pain Recovery Program is useful for my disorder it's not quite the same thing
    Thank you in advance for your answers.

2. jambonsambo

jambonsambo Newcomer

Have you looked into Dr David Bercellis TRE neurogenic tremors ?

3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

@Nicolas94, I recommend that you go to the original source, and reach one of Dr. Sarno's books. I recommend his last one, The Divided Mind, because six other authors (5 MDs and a psychologist) write six of the chapters, so you get a good overview of the concepts behind what we call TMS. Another good resource is Steve Ozanich, The Great Pain Deception.

4. Nicolas94

Nicolas94 Newcomer

Like this :

https://i.goopics.net/pYDqN.png

Translation of picture text : "Think about releasing your emotions from your body".

Has anyone here had this disorder? And how have you heal? Thank you.

5. healingfromchronicpain

healingfromchronicpain Well known member

My pain is definitely fed by repressed emotions (from a childhood trauma). That’s not to say there aren’t other things contributing, but I know this is a big part of it.

I first read Sarno in 2006, before I was aware of my repressed memory. My pain came down for a few days but that was it. I figured it was the placebo effect. Then I had mindbody-based JFB-MFR (John F Barnes myofascial release) therapy. That’s when my memory revealed itself to me and my pain came down dramatically. It took having bodywork for me to release the tension.

I still had pain though, so I re-read Sarno and read Brady and ozanich. They helped bring down spikes in pain at times. But my subconscious patterns still run pretty deep.

I also did EMDR and Somatic Exoeriencing (SE) which also helped bring down spikes. And just as of yesterday I looked at the 21 day program available in this TMSwiki site. Reminding myself to not perpetuate the faulty neural pathways and knowing there’s really no connection between my pain and my physical movements made my pain yesterday morning drop dramatically. It’s still coming and going but I’m going to keep those ideas more at the forefront of my mind and hopefully it’ll sink in more.

I think for me I’ve required more than just some of the changing your mindset and beliefs. My physical body held (holds) emotions in the fascial system and when I’ve released them my pain has dropped. But I think all this work combined is helping me heal.

If you’re interested in more details, I created a website with my story and descriptions of all these things I’ve tried. Click on my picture (of the sunset) and my website link is under my story description.

Good luck!!

Last edited: May 27, 2019