1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My inner child. My inner old wise woman. My inner bully

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Fabi, Feb 21, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

I started working with what I want after I got in touch with my inner child a few months ago. I had a moment of being present with my inner child. of really "knowing" what was happening. It is an ongoing relationship with her now.
    A few days ago, and in a dream, a message from an old wise woman, which I think as an inner part of me, came and spoke. She said :"Everything that has been done with effort will have to die, will have to be let go"
    So, I had to think about my attitude in my life and what has brought my symptoms.

Later, after working with some emphatic phrases, my inner bully came to the front, and said "So you want this and that?? So, have some of this pain!! and let´s see how you can deal with it!
    Actually, a couple of days before I had heard a Psychologist talk about "educationing/training" our inner critic. Letting him know that we will call him when we will need him, but maybe not right now. Maybe it is not the strategy to deal with a critic that sends painful symptoms rightaway. But it makes sense in the long run.

I have an image of what I would like of my inner bully to become. I can´t make it better right now. It would be perfect. Or at least, I know it is there to protect me. So, protect me when I ask you! Right now go to your corner! innerbully.jpg

Maribel, Cheryl, Abbo and 1 other person like this.
  2. Daffy Duck

Daffy Duck Peer Supporter

I've been overwhelmed with words and reading lately. I found this site and am so thankful I can't look around and read fast enough. Fabi, thank you for sharing this. I was sitting in church when I saw this post (yes, in was on the web in church) and I cannot tell you in words how much that picture speaks to me. It helps me feel things that words keep me from experiencing. I'm very thankful that you shared this. Where did this picture come from can you say??

3. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Hi Duffiduck the

4. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Duffy l am sorry the answer came not very clear. I wrote that l copied the picture from a Facebook group where a member posted it as a reply to an assignment we were given of educating our inner critic. The picture also speaks to me more than a thousand words and l am glad you found it . I don't know if it is a free picture or if it comes from a book. Maybe l can try to find out

Daffy Duck likes this.
  5. Daffy Duck

It's okay,Fabi. I understood your reply. Thank you for clarifying, though. I think I know where it's from but I don't know for sure so if you find out anything else that would be great, thanks. My husband is my only friend and I think that he helps me be kind to myself by having seen my inner critic as this way. What a powerful image. Made me cry and I don't even know exactly why. somehow words would take away from the gift of feeling this picture provides for me. Thanks again. Blessings to you. Daffy

6. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

This reminds me of some veteran of a tms support group (and I cannot remember his handle) who said something like this:
    "All I did to cure my TMS was to slow down in everything I did. I didn't journal or inquire or use affirmations, or anything else. Just slowed down everything." I think this is profound. This man knew what was activating his inner feelings, and he took action. To me it shows how we each find our own way in this, and it is correct for us.

Ines, Dexy and Daffy Duck like this.
  7. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

@duffy I asked the personas who posted, she is from Spain, I am from Argentina, and she doesn't know. She asked the person whom she borrowed and the other person doesn't know. She says there is a signature at the bottom of the picture. I haven't looked . Do it if you must Duffy, or not. As Andy says in his post one must find one's own way. It has taken me a few months o reading the same two pages to start having my own.
    Duffy' if the picture made you cry is it a good or a bad thing for you to cry right now? If l may ask..

8. Daffy Duck

Hi Fabi, thank you for checking about the origin of the picture. I feel inner pressure almost constantly and my thoughts never stop analyzing. The crying was a very positive. The crying came automatically and I didn't "understand" why. It just felt like warm honey inside (and that's when the body pain let's up too) just from looking at the picture. Every time I try to write out "what" I feel about the picture I find myself resistant to putting it into words. Like I said, for me to not be able to analyze why and write it out is very uncharacteristic of me.

I'm very glad I came upon this posting of yours, Fabi. Wishing You Well on finding your own way.

"Everything that has been done with effort will have to die, will have to be let go"

Andy, I liked this about Fabi's post above when I first saw it and didn't comment about it. Was not surprised you expounded on this. The man you spoke of that didn't journal or use affirmations or anything that just slowed everything down sounds like what I feel I need. I need the thoughts and the pressure to stop.

When I was sick once with a cold - I remember how happy I felt to be in bed and felt content to just be as I was for that moment. I allowed myself to rest and it was the most heavenly feeling despite feeling badly with the cold. I might add that things felt like they had slowed down, like nothing was going too fast. My experience was absent of the awareness of timing, no pressure, just being.

Wishing You Well,

DD

Dexy and Fabi like this.
  9. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Daffy, it doesn´t work for me to analyse the "what " or "why" . Who says you have to write everything down?
    Who says you have to analyze?

Just being, rest in being.

" You are scared and it´s hard for you. " I tell myself.

That is what works for me
    Wish you the best Daffy and I am going to share with you my favourite wishing!

May you be safe. May you be healthy. May you live with easy. May I also be safe. May I also be healthy. May I also live with ease.
    ;)

plum and Daffy Duck like this.
  10. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

I wish I could talk to this person. Or get to know about what his journey is like today. I have been listening about Campbell´s "The Hero´s Journey" . Very interesting. It is nice so nice to get to know someone else is or has been there as well.

Thank you Andy. ¡Gracias!

11. Andy Bayliss

To work with these powerful inner parts like our inner child, our wise self, our viscous superego. This is the Hero's journey indeed!! So much of the mythology and fairy tales have been written about the very courageous inner voyages --that people have been undertaking for millennia. The Damsel in Distress. The Dragon. The Prince. The Most Precious Pearl. They all live inside us!

Fabi likes this.
  12. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Ithaca

When you set out on your journey to Ithaca,
    pray that the road is long,
    full of adventure, full of knowledge.
    The Lestrygonians and the Cyclops,
    the angry Poseidon -- do not fear them:
    You will never find such as these on your path,
    if your thoughts remain lofty, if a fine
    emotion touches your spirit and your body.
    The Lestrygonians and the Cyclops,
    the fierce Poseidon you will never encounter,
    if you do not carry them within your soul,
    if your soul does not set them up before you.

Pray that the road is long.
    That the summer mornings are many, when,
    with such pleasure, with such joy
    you will enter ports seen for the first time;
    stop at Phoenician markets,
    and purchase fine merchandise,
    mother-of-pearl and coral, amber and ebony,
    and sensual perfumes of all kinds,
    as many sensual perfumes as you can;
    visit many Egyptian cities,
    to learn and learn from scholars.

Always keep Ithaca in your mind.
    To arrive there is your ultimate goal.
    But do not hurry the voyage at all.
    It is better to let it last for many years;
    and to anchor at the island when you are old,
    rich with all you have gained on the way,
    not expecting that Ithaca will offer you riches.

Ithaca has given you the beautiful voyage.
    Without her you would have never set out on the road.
    She has nothing more to give you.

And if you find her poor, Ithaca has not deceived you.
    Wise as you have become, with so much experience,
    you must already have understood what Ithacas mean.

Constantine P. Cavafy (1911)

plum, Dexy, Daffy Duck and 2 others like this.
  13. Andy Bayliss

Beautiful Journey!! Thanks for this Fabi.

Fabi likes this.
  14. Daffy Duck

Hi Fabi, Thanks for sharing this.

Fabi likes this.
  15. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

http://www.gratefulness.org/blog/humility-the-virtue-of-growing-downwards/
    Hi
    I justo wanted to share this experience from a persona l got to know ver y recently, and maybe clarify that we do have the same first name, but it is not my article. Courageous and humblesness, if that es a word. Maybe the post es repeated, l want to keep it as something especial to me.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
  16. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, fabi. I just love the painting of the little girl and the lion. Its so true, how animals are so loving and comforting. I adore my dog, as diod my previous two dogs, each of which i had for more than 16 years.

17. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Hi Walt,
    Actually this lion is what I wish my Inner Child will get from all the inner parts that send me pain. It is indeed a loving and comforting image. I am glad you can enjoy the company of animals, especially dogs. I am not a dog person, we have a cat at home now. I have had several cats, they are all different, this is a food thief!!

18. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Today I wish I can ride my dragon.

Attached Files:

19. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

leon.PNG
    Hi everyone
    This picture is taken from a storybook for children called "Abrazos" (Hugs) . I thought about my crying sad lion and I felt this one is very nice. A strong part that can embrace and give hugs to a little child. Such a lovely metaphore!
    May you be safe.

Yinlin and plum like this.
  20. Fabi

Fabi Well known member

Captura.PNG

It reads: "Today I became friends with my monster"

mouser likes this.