1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

My Psychology Today Blog, The Mind-Body Connection

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by Sharonkfarber, Dec 23, 2014.

1. Sharonkfarber

Sharonkfarber New Member

I am one of the psychotherapists listed on this site. Early in my career, I worked at the Rusk Institute in NY. Although I did not know Dr. Sarno then, I wish I had. I was convinced that some of my patients were not getting better because they had a psychosomatic disorder. The more they talked with me about their lives, family, work, they began getting better.
    I have written and published about the mind-body problems of eating disorders and self-mutilation.
    For over a year I have been writing a blog for Psychology Today called The Mind-Body Connection. I think my first post was "Chronic Pain Syndrome and Other Psychosomatic Illness. I invite you to visit it at

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the-mind-body-connection

My next blog entry will be about the film All the Rage.

Sharon K. Farber, Ph.D.

www.Drsharonfarber.com

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 23, 2014
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Dr. Farber. Thanks for posting. I will look at your Psychology Today blog about the MindBody connection.
    It's great to have someone with your background championing TMS.

You might read the book I recently co-authored with another TMSWiki member, Eric Watson, called
    GOD DOES NOT WANT YOU TO BE IN PAIN. It is a Mindbody-Spirit book in which we offer TMS healing
    techniques and add to Dr. Sarno's TMS repressed emotions theory by including faith in God to help in healing.
    It's not heavy on the faith element, but just enough to make our point and give examples of how faith can help heal.

The book is available on amazon.com books in a paperback and Kindle edition.

3. Sharonkfarber

Sharonkfarber New Member

Good to hear from you and about your book.

4. njoy

njoy aka Bugsy

Thanks for sharing!