1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 8 My TMS treatment so far

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by lina82, Dec 15, 2014.

1. lina82

lina82 Peer Supporter

I have had pain for ten years, but the last year the pain has become very bad (big parts of my body and a lot of the time around 7-9 on a scale 1-10). I have visited ER five times out of desperation, no pain killers work at all (!) and at the moment I'm awake since I have so much pain I can't even sleep with the help of sleeping pills (I leave in Europe and here it's 4 am).

The idea of my pain being psychosomatic isn't new to me and I have been trying different body/mind-methods to ease my pain, but going consequently for TMS is quite new to me. The first week on the program went well, but I haven't seen any improvement with my symptoms yet. Tonight they are worse than they have been for a long time, but I guess that can be a part of the process. I'm happy with the fact that I'm not afraid of moving, walking and so on anymore and it feels great that my "living space" has grown - despite of the constant pain.

I believe in TMS, but I realize that I'm a bit skeptical about what more there possibly could be to discover in my mind... I have been seeing a psychologist for 3 years, I have been seeing a tetha healer and a somatic experiencing therapist and on a consious level I'm very willing to work with myself. I have been journaling already for three months (not specifically about "disturbing events" though). I have gone through a lot of past events and have so to speak thought that I've "covered everything" now. Can there really be more? Can there be something forgotten deep down that could be causing my symptoms? Is it possible that I'm constantly avoiding something crucial without knowing?

I will continue investigating myself like a true detective... :) I'm glad to hear if anyone of you have found something "buried deep down" (without going into detail about it)?

2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Lina,

I don't think it is so much about uncovering something buried deep. Rather it is finding out why we repress emotions, and linking that to the pain or other physical symptoms. And seeing the role our personality traits and learned coping mechanisms play in the mechanism of repression.

Steve Ozanich wrote a wonderful post that explains it very well.

http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/tms-healing-mistakes-made.2730/

Glad you have joined us on the Forum! Keep us posted on how you are doing.

Best wishes..

mike2014 likes this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Steve's post on healing mistakes is wonderful. It takes some thought but worth it.

4. lina82

lina82 Peer Supporter

Thank you for your replies! Steve's text really got me something to think about!