1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

NATURAL FIBROMYALGIA TREATMENT

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), May 7, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

In this excellent 10-minute video:

a lovely blonde-haired 20-year-old, Holly, tells how she healed
    from more than eight years of back, leg, and other pain that had been diagnosed by
    doctors as fibromyalgia. She became pain free a few years ago by believing her
    symptoms were caused by childhood emotions she repressed regarding her older brother
    who had emotional problems and was suicidal. His condition impacted her and her parents
    but she tried to put them out of her mind. That caused pain in her body that became severe and chronic.

She had seen doctors, even went to the Mayo Clinic for help, but nothing gave her relief
    from pain until she saw psychiatrist Dr. Howard Schubiner and began his pain relief program which is like Dr. Sarno's TMS philosophy that pain is caused by repressed emotions going back to
    childhood and/or our personality. She said she is a very sensitive person and a
    "people pleaser" and had to make adjustments in those character traits.

She became pain-free, but then some pain returned and she had to deal with her emotions
    again. She attributes much of her success in being pain-free to journaling. She resisted it
    at first, then found it was leading her to discover more of her repressed emotions and
    as she puts it, "I got my life back." While in TMS pain she had virtually isolated herself
    and dropped out of high school. After recovering, she began going to college and is
    finding new friends.

"Journaling changed my life," says Holly, who looks in the video like a very happy,
    relaxed, pain-free young woman who at age 20 has a new life ahead of her,
    free of years of chronic pain.

Her story is an inspiration for everyone of any age.