1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

New flare up last few months

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Marla, Jun 7, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Marla

Marla Peer Supporter

Hi, last few months I have been having sciatica, buttock pain, shoulders & neck (those gone now) and some lower back although that most gone now too.

My personality is pretty sensitive so things affect me easier. I have been listening to Dan Buglios videos, journaling, doing some guided meditation at night, rereading Sarno and trying to calm down.

I live with a husband who deals with depression and anger and he was doing better until Covid hit and we were stuck together and he couldn’t go visit his new grandson born at Christmas again, thankfully we went once in January.

The first few weeks were tough but I felt happy that we were healthy and retired so work wasn’t a issue. Then after months of dealing with him end of April all the pain started and got worse after my mom said some mean things about me in front of my kids on Mother’s Day On FaceTime and pain got worse.

Thankfully I have been seeing my therapist every two weeks by zoom so its helped and all is forgiven with my family.

But now last 3 days my husband is getting worse and worse at insisting I dump TMS and do the doctor, physical therapy, testing routine. Now I am defensive, angry which is making the pain worse.

I have said here before my husband knows all about TMS thinks its great when I heal quickly but now that its taking longer he expects me to go to doctors. I am afraid to go because I know my doctor, she will order tests, give me medication, physical therapy. Most doctors don’t believe in TMS, and if I go to the natural path doctor he is always wanting me to take $100 worth of supplements that don’t seem to do anything.

I just signed up with Curable to see if it will help. I know eventually all the pains will go away, I think the reason why its not a one time found out and be healed is because I deal with a lot of anxiety and like Sarno says in his books it affects tense people more. I wish I wasn’t so sensitive but thats how I have been all my life.

Does anyone else have a problem with family not understanding TMS and pushing regular doctors? Any advice on what to say?