1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 17 Not as easy as I initially expected. But doing progress.

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by roydr301, Mar 10, 2023.

1. roydr301

roydr301 New Member

Hello,

Initially, when I started the program I felt like my progress was smooth and I was almost healed. However, from day 7 and onward it’s been much more complicated. Only the last two days as my mind started slowing down and symptoms subsidizing. I am going through the full spectrum of symptoms I have/had lived in the last 20 years. Stuff I had forgotten and buried deep and thought were gone forever. As an example, I started having anxiety and difficulty breathing which had not happened for many years. I have to admit, reliving symptoms I thought were gone has brought some serious doubts about my progress and if I was doing the right thing. I felt like I am reinforcing them as they were gone for so long. However, I am fully aware that these symptoms are the fruit of my thoughts and what the exercises in the program are making me live. The symptoms are too sporadic and are clearly link to what I am feeling, thinking.

I took the time to go through the forum and found similar testimonies. Because of that, I know I am not the only person living such situation. I think I wanted to post my thoughts for anyone living a similar situation.

What I know is I need more time to process and assimilate all that is happening in my head.

Cheers.

ChronicVince, JanAtheCPA and Ellen like this.