1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Podcast Success Story of James Alexander, PhD

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Forest, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi everyone,

A little while ago, Dr. James Alexander, author of The Hidden Psychology of Pain did an interview with Shrink Rap Radio in which he told his success story of recovery from TMS. It is a powerful story that begins with a car crash, includes his own intellectual journey, facilitated by a week long "rebirthing workshop," and explains his own healing.

You can listen to it by clicking on the following link: Shrink Rap Radio Podcast 341: The Hidden Psychology of Pain with James Alexander, PhD. After you click, you can listen on the web page, or scroll to the bottom and there is a download link so you can put it on your mp3 player, tablet, or phone.

If you enjoyed his story, his website is www.drjamesalexander-psychologist.com, and his profile here at our forum is @Dr James Alexander. As of this writing, he has made 66 excellent posts on our forum. You can find all of them by clicking here. We have not yet added him to our Who's Who in TMS project, but hope to do so soon. Both @Eric "Herbie" Watson and @BruceMC have highly recommended his book.

About David Van Nuys, Ph.D., who interviews Dr. Alexander in the podcast linked to, above.
    When outside of the pod, “Dr. Dave” is also known as David Van Nuys, Ph.D. He has taught psychology at four major universities and written scores of articles for a variety of professional and popular publications. He also co-authored the book, This is the Zodiac Speaking: Into the mind of a serial killer, which HBO picked up an option on. In 2013, David was invited to post weekly selected episodes from Shrink Rap Radio to the Armed Forces Radio Network.​

Last edited: Jan 27, 2014
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Well, it's decided--The Hidden Psychology of Pain is my next TMS book to read. Any chance that the Tuesday night discussion group will choose it as the next book?

Loved the interview with Dr. Alexander. Thank you, Forest, for bringing older posts to the forefront for those of us who may have missed them the first time around.

You're just THE BEST :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  3. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen, I'll suggest it that Alexander's book Hidden Psychology of Pain be the next on the call-ins.

Ellen likes this.
  4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Awwww, thanks Ellen! I think that doing that book next sounds great. I wonder if we could do Walt and Herbie's book, though. That could be fun, too. It could add a lot.

5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Herbie and I would love if you did our book, but not sure when it will be finished. Maybe another 2 weeks, maybe a month.