1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Possible TMS/Possible concussion

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by BMC1995, May 22, 2020.

1. BMC1995

BMC1995 New Member

Hi all, brand new to this website. So just to start, I have had TMS for a long time and recovered from a long-standing history of back pain 3 years ago after finding out about TMS. Nevertheless, a week ago (9 days ago more specifically) I was outside chasing my dog on a field with moist grass. I ran up to him (while he was sitting) and jumped over him, and when my feet made contact with the ground as I was landing they slipped right under me (due to the moist grass). I ended up landing on my coccyx in what I would consider was a high velocity fall. I felt a vibration go up my body through my skull, which rattled my skull. I had no symptoms after this but later that night began to have a slight headache, which has now become a persistent dull headache; the headaches can also present with sharp pains on the scalp of the head. I also noticed difficulty with reading and mental fog that started a day later. Now I’m starting to notice fatigue, not mental but physical.

I am wondering if this is TMS or a concussion. To give you a little more context, I’ve been studying for the MCAT and (in general) am in a demanding period of my life right now. I was particularly worried about a concussion or something that would impair my mental abilities because I am studying for this test. Also, I have a history of multiple concussions which makes me concerned about getting more, especially going into a field like Medicine where I have to have my mental wits about me. I don’t remember these symptoms in the past when I had concussions, which is weird. Come to think of it, I have never really been impaired by concussions that much in the past. I have seen two doctors through video appointments, one who thinks it could be a concussion and another who said it was not likely. In additionally, it is particularly stressful because if I treat this like TMS and decide to ignore it (i.e. continuing studying, working out intensely, and any other activities I please) and I actually do have a concussion it would hurt my healing process and prolong it. Also, I haven’t been studying now which is further making things worse because I have a scheduled test date which is approaching. This is extremely frustrating and I wish there was a definitive way to just rule out if you have a concussion or not (i.e. a blood test). What do you think? Thanks.

Last edited: May 23, 2020