1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Possible TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by makaveli, Jan 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. makaveli

makaveli Newcomer

My issue started around 6 months ago I noticed it was taking me longer to urinate I started having to turn water on. Several months later I woke up and my prostate felt swollen and I had the terrible urgency to utinate. I went to the Doctor all tests came back normal. PSA normal rectal exam came back normal. I was diagnosed with acute prostatitis.

I really started to struggle! Horrible anxiety and panic attacks. I had to pee every 15 minutes because of urgency feeling. I did 3, 3 weeks antiobiotic cycles. 2 with bactrim 1 with Cipro . Things got so bad I went without real sleep for months. Ended up going to physcristiast and being prescribed effexor low dose. Been on that for close to 5 weeks . I feel better but still 1. Have urgency pain in bladder 2 hesitation and dripping. 3. I also wake up once too pee. I was later diagnosed with pelvic pain disorder. I'm suppose to start PT in a few weeks. I'm excercising on my own weights,cardio, and stretching. Former bodybuilder and football player.

I'm 35 I'm a perctionist and always struggled bad with anxiety panic. Low self esteem , people pleaser I think it's probably TMS after checking out this site.

2. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

Hi,

Certainly sounds like TMS @makaveli ; esp if you say you have perfectionism tendencies and you struggled with bad anxiety. Look up 'pain drain' blog. This guy dealt with prostastis type symptoms for 8 years. He lived with it for 8 years until a competent urologist was able to explain to him what was going on. Once he figured out 'why' it was happening, the fear disappeared and he went on with his life. But for 8 years because of the unknown he struggled.

Do you have any relief from urgency in the bladder? Waking up once per night is very normal. That is good that you are able to sleep the other times.

Have you ever gone to see a pelvic floor physio? You could have tight muscles from your prostatis attack.

3. makaveli

makaveli Newcomer

My bladder hasn't stopped bothering me since it started. I try to ignore it. It's more nagging then anything. I'm going to see a physical therapist soon.

4. keenie82

keenie82 Peer Supporter

Wishing you luck with your appointment :)