1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

pudendal pain - tms therapist in Italy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Carletto, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Carletto

Carletto New Member

Hello everyone my name is Carlo and I live in Rome .Help me for my English.
    I suffer from PN 9 years old, my life is a nightmare. I read the book of Sarno but here in Italy there are no therapists tms, can anyone help?
    Also, I ask: I read that diary often spoken, what do I write in the Journal?
    For you can this approach help me?

2. westb

westb Well known member

Write about your feelings, what has brought you to where you are now. Things that you have buried and not expressed. I journal every morning and I look on that time as sacred - it enables me to express feelings I find it hard to admit to even to myself. I almost look on my journal as a friend!

There is also a Structured Educational Program on this TMS website which can guide you through writing about specific topics and questions concerning TMS and you your history. Many people have found it extremely helpful. All the very best to you.

Ellen likes this.
  3. westb

westb Well known member

Also, you may know about this already but an English writer, Tim Parks, who lives and works in Italy, has written a book ("Teach us to Sit Still") about his chronic pelvic pain and how mindfulness and meditation, plus self examination, which as a sceptic he tried as a last resort, provided a way of healing. It has been translated into Italian ("Insegnaci La Quiete") and I've lifted the summary of the book below from Tim Parks' website (www.tim-parks.com). As someone for whom pelvic pain is one of the main symptoms I have found it incredibly inspiring and it may be of help to you too.

Insegnaci la quiete è senz’altro il più personale e, per certi versi, il più emozionante dei saggi che ho scritto. È la storia di come la malattia e il dolore cronico possano portare a un cambiamento profondo nel nostro stile di vita. Ciò che inizialmente sembrava una discesa agli inferi del disagio cronico si è poi rivelato essere l’elemento catalizzatore per una profonda analisi di tutto ciò che faccio nonché un’entusiasmante svolta terapeutica.

Ellen and ChanaG like this.
  4. Carletto

Carletto New Member

yes i have read this book and speak with Parks thank you; you think that bioenergetica can help me?

5. westb

westb Well known member

I
    I'm sorry, I don't know.

6. ChanaG

ChanaG New Member

Ciao Carletto, mi e' capitato adesso di leggere il tuo post. Ti consiglio vivamente di contattare un floriterapeuta esperto. Ti potrebbe aiutare molto. Un punto di partenza potrebbe essere Graziano Petrucciani http://www.equilibrioemozionale.it/site/contatti-94.asp (Contatti)
    Anche se molto contrastata dai media, ti consiglierei inoltre di andare a una conferenza o prendere un appuntamento con la molto dibatuuta d.ssa Mereu. E' bravissima, non farti frastornare dagli articoli sui giornali
    . Se abiti a Roma ti potrei fare sapere quando e' nei paraggi.

7. Carletto

Carletto New Member

Grazie Chana, ma tu sei in Italia?

8. MWsunin12

MWsunin12 Beloved Grand Eagle

Carletto, Believe that it is TMS. Accept it. You are in a pattern that has made your pain go on for 9 years. Look in a mirror, ten times a day and say: "I don't have to know the reason for my pain right now. I have to accept that it is psychological. I accept 100% that it is psychological. I am not going to worry about it any more. I am safe. I am healthy."

Tennis Tom likes this.
  9. ChanaG

ChanaG New Member

No sono a Brooklyn USA

10. ChanaG

ChanaG New Member

Sono versata sia in Medicina Erboristica (ahahah non so piu' come si dice in Italiano) che in Floriterapia e sto studiando (Medicina) Psicosomatica. Non sono "laureata", sono solo "diplomata". Se ti posso aiutare, con piacere, fatti avanti.

11. Carletto

Carletto New Member

12. ChanaG

ChanaG New Member

Piu' tardi ti scrivo piu' dettagliatamente perche ti raccomando la Floriterapia.
    1) Ti segnalerei anche una altra tua concittadina da considerare http://www.annazelli.com/fiori-di-bach-mappa-floriterapia-i-fiori-per-anima.htm (|fiori di bach mappa argomenti,home page,floriterapia,fiori per l'anima,terapia vibrazionale,erboristeria,naturopatia,anna zelli)
    2) tu leggi fluentemente in inglese? Se si, ci sono dei libri che ti raccomanderei molto caldamente di leggere (non tradotti in italiano) a) "The Divided Mind" di John Sarno b) "The Great Pain Deception" di Steven Ray Ozanich
    3) con un minimo investimento, di raccomanderei anche di leggere i libri di Gabriella Mereu e quelli di Richard Bach

13. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

ChanaG likes this.
  14. ChanaG

ChanaG New Member

BTW apologies to all for the conversations in Italian....was just so much faster and effective comunicate with Carletto in his language!
    Carletto guarda nei messaggi privati, ti ho scritto.

15. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Carletto, Floriterapia non centra niente con TMS o Dr. Sarno.

16. ChanaG

ChanaG New Member

Hi Miffybunny, I beg to disagree. Is an invaluable helpful tool (inexpensive and compatible with any med or other that the person might take) in:
    1) aiding the surfacing of emotions (often deeply buried) that are at the base of TMS
    2) aiding the elaborations and eventual elimination of supramentioned emotions

17. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Carlo. The others have given you excellent replies, but I would like to add the importance of deep breathing in reducing anxiety and TMS pain.

Most theapists say inhale through the nose, hold the breath a few seconds, then exhale through the mouth.

Last night I looked at some Youtube videos on breathing and saw some that say that
    breathing in or out through the mouth depletes oxygen that we need to go to the brain and other
    parts of the body. They say that mouth breathing actually increases stress, anxiety, and instead to
    inhale and exhale through the NOSE only. I've begun doing that and have felt more calm than exhaling through the mouth. You might give it a try.

I can't seem to drag the videos into my email, so I suggest you go to Youtube and look for the video by
    Robert Lipman called "The Relationship Between Breathing and Anxiety."

ChanaG and Tennis Tom like this.
  18. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes Walt, I read a book about that, can't recall the author/title, but will dig it out, that confirms what you say, that breathing through the nose regulates the mindbody oxygenation better. Of course, if a saber tooth tiger is chasing you, that goes out the window and it's best to go anaerobic.

Edit: Hi Walt, as happens at our advanced age, the author and title popped into my conscious after a nice nap, having worked it's way through all the muck and mire of a few decades of muck and mire of data info bits and bites. The book that I read about nose breathing, and its connection to the brain is: "BODY, MIND AND SPORT", by John Douillard. And, it's even got a sub-title of "The Mind-Body Guide To Lifelong Fitness And Your Personal Best". And for me, it even has forewords by Billie Jean King and Martina Navratilova! I read this pre-TMS and it's complementary to TMS and has it's origins in the author's year in India studying Ayurvedic medicine. (He also graduated with honors from chiropractic school but please don't mouth breathe a word about that.) I will look up the info about "nose breathing".

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    ChanaG likes this.