1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 10 question about therapy types

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by niles, Sep 30, 2020.

1. niles

niles New Member

I am currently in DBT therapy, I started it about 6 months ago. So far I have not found it to be helpful for my pain, depression, or anxiety. I was wondering if there's a certain type of therapy that people have found to be helpful with TMS specifically?

2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

After reading Sarno I was left with a huge reservoir of awakened rage and it wasn't until I went into regular old Cognitive behavioral therapy with the intent of hunting down the ragemakers that I got any respite from myself. Just acknowledging all of the cognitive dissonance was enough to stop the noise. There was a yawning chasm between what I wanted to believe and what I really believed....and another one between what I was doing in my life and the reasons for it. Kind of sleepwalking.

It is/was always hidden things I am 'OK' with. In retrospect it is totally obvious to me now why I got my symptoms when I did and in the Job/family/professional/recreational/creative place I was in. Believe it or not, getting over TMS was really "what am I NOT feeling that maybe I should?"...so talking about how I feel is only a starting point

Any therapy for TMS will need to be directed at raising ones awareness about their anger. Conscious and unconscious.