1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Question regarding RSI recovery

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by sarah2254, Apr 25, 2020.

1. sarah2254

sarah2254 Peer Supporter

For those of you who recovered from pain while typing/mousing, did you gradually increase the amount of typing you would do each day? Any tips?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi sarah2254,

I see you've not had a response, so I'll say something. Most people find slowly increasing activity to be a very good path. This was the route I took with my feet. I took months getting back to "normal" and that felt very doable and correct for me. This wasn't RSI, but ultimately it is all the same condition. Mine was just pain in the bottom of the foot.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but Forest, who started this site suffered from RSI, recovered with Dr. Sarno's work, and was inspired to help others. So you're in very good company in your path to recovery! Many have come here over the years with RSI and recovered. Take confidence, read success stories, and do one of the programs if you're not already.

Andy

sarah2254 likes this.
  3. sarah2254

sarah2254 Peer Supporter

Hi Andy,

Thanks so much for your reply! About 3-4 weeks ago is when I discovered Dr. Sarno's work and I am now wrapping up the third week of Alan's multimedia program. A month ago, my life was completely different and I would say that my pain has reduced by about 80%. I can't believe that I didn't need to see another doctor, no ergonomic equipment, nothing but a change in attitude and receptiveness to TMS.

I have been monitoring my typing each day and trying to type more and more. This time last year, I was in EXCRUCIATING pain and left my full-time office job that I loved so much. I truly exhausted my options while I was there (ergonomic equipment, wrist braces, doctors) but nothing worked and I grew increasingly fearful of the pain.

My goal now is to work my way up towards the amount of typing typical people would do in a fulltime job so that I can return to a normal lifestyle. I can now type close to 14, 000 characters (with spaces) with very minimal pain. I am hoping to get up to 18, 000 in the next month or so. Thanks for your encouragement and I wish you the best!! Stay safe :)

4. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi sarah2254,

This sounds like a reasonable, doable goal. The only coaching I would give you is that if you're making progress, and life is improving ---as it seems to be, don't get hung up on "fixing that last bit of pain" wherever that happens to be for you. In my experience, after a certain point, the less we worry about it, or push our selves to meet a "success level" or ideal of our own making, the happier we are. This is my personal experience at least.

Congratulations on your growing success!!

Andy

5. sarah2254

sarah2254 Peer Supporter

Thanks so much Andy! This is excellent advice! You've been so helpful :)