1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Reading posts in the wrong kind of forum

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by she333, Jan 19, 2016.

1. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

I'm definitely doing this less than I once was. At one time I was participating daily in groups for interstitial cystitis. I dropped them all, but I still sometimes scroll through posts on another site for folks with this diagnosis. When I have some moments of worsening symptoms I think it will help to see others feel like I do. Honestly, though, it's not helpful. Just funny I still check that site, even if not daily. I'm sure it's a hindrance. And keeps me down. Do others find themselves occasionally doing this?

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Yes forums are helpful but also can be perpetuating your issues

3. mdh157

mdh157 Well known member

I have found that every forum but this one has, at one point or another, exacerbated my problem.........like going onto a BFS forum and having people post about what they read on an ALS forum........it's the absolute worst thing for someone with HA. I even did some shoveling today and my hands/feet were hurting and now i'm worrying about it........again. That's why I pretty much gave up using other forums, it was not benefiting me overall.

4. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Anytime my body starts to hurt while I am doing a activity I just tell my brain I am not stopping till you stop hurting me... Most of the time it works and I award my self a treat .... But if it does not I keep doing some kind of activity

5. she333

she333 Peer Supporter

Thanks for your responses. Yes, they sometimes do just under up giving us something more to worry about. And when people have it so so bad, I'll think but if I get that bad? Yesterday unfortunately I didn't give in and watch the YouTube videos of two people talking about their IC. They actually were both people with pretty good attitudes. Interestingly, one was talking about how her IC showed up during a very stressful period In her life. The other was talking about abuse she had suffered as a child and then a string of abusive relationships she had in young adulthood. Hmm....