1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Real Life Example

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jrid32, Apr 28, 2017.

1. jrid32

jrid32 Peer Supporter

So I have been on my TMS journey for about 1.5 years and convinced it's the answer to chronic pain (in 98% of the cases). I have a business partner that just turned 50 and proves Sarno's findings to the "T". Why?

She is a 50 year old female executive that fits the prototypical personality - extremely hard working, puts pressure on herself to succeed, a "do-gooder", and a worrier. Her symptoms started about 5 years ago with neck pain and then radiating pain down both her arms...so she got a 2 level fusion surgery and that placebo-ed her. She then started getting Acid Reflux, and started to take meds for it and it cleared up. Now she is recovering from knee replacement and gearing up to have the other knee replaced this fall (and she's only 50!!!!). I asked her when her knees started bothering her and her answer, "well, they really started hurting after my neck surgery..."

If this isn't proof of the placebo and shifting of symptoms then I don't know what is!

MindBodyPT likes this.
  2. MindBodyPT

MindBodyPT Beloved Grand Eagle

This sounds like so many people I work with, it's sad but true! I had a client today who has had 2 back surgeries (neither of which helped his pain and the latest which made it worse), scans aren't showing anything wrong, his surgeon won't do anything more with him so he's back to PT. Now he's also have neck and knee pain. Hoping I can take the mindbody approach with him but it might be slow going if it works at all...

3. Ines

Ines Well known member

Yeah, it's crazy how once you learn about this you start seeing it everywhere. I watched a documentary on Bob Marley and thought of TMS. He was half black and half white and seemed to have issues with his father growing up (he was white and abandoned him). As everyone knows Marley was for the people and donated most of his money to people in need (do-gooder). His country was in turmoil which I'm sure caused tension. He was tricked by the government into playing a concert which they turned political. One night people came into his home before the concert and shot him and his bandmates. He survived but I'm sure was never the same. He played the concert and soon after developed melanoma, a skin cancer. I found it interesting because he had issues with his white father. Mindbody is for real.