1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Really, lady, I'm not crazy

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by North Star, Dec 8, 2014.

1. North Star

North Star Beloved Grand Eagle

I just finished a workout and was driving back home when my Achilles started talking to me again. It really pissed me off. I noticed there were times while peddling and walking on the treadmill that it wasn't hurting and you better believe I was taking notice of it.

Almost on cue, Bon Jovi's "It's My Life" started playing. I cranked it up while I waited for the red light to turn. And I decided to give my brain a talkin' to. No, make that a shoutin' to. I think I even dropped the F bomb. Even with a long red light, I was still going places. Was I smacking the steering wheel? Maybe. Hand waving? Perhaps. And then it happened.

Our eyes met.

Thankfully, the light turned green as the lady, and her rearview mirror, drove off.

lorrie, Becca, yb44 and 5 others like this.
  2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, North Star. I can get angry while driving... motorists behind me can be infuriating.
    I find it calming to just think of them as a-holes and practice deep breathing.

But I too yell the F word at them. It helps.

3. North Star

I'm sure this lady thought I was road-raging; if only she knew. I wish I could have snapped a picture of those shocked and surprised eyes staring at my antic via her rearview mirror! LOL

Always good to hear from, dear Walt! xo

4. Peggy

Peggy Well known member

I have yelled and cried a lot in the car. I think it's healthy. But I have never dressed in green and yelled in a yoga class . . . although that would be a great relief. It's not easy being green.

I can just see you driving and screaming.

Becca, yb44 and Ellen like this.
  5. North Star

ROFL, Peggy! That's fabulous! Maybe I'll try that at my next yoga class. (Though I don't have a snazzy green outfit like him.)

Peggy likes this.
  6. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

That's an awesome story, NorthStar, you're such a great writer. I had to show my GF. And indeed a fabulous video (which actually gave the GF a bit of a fright when she heard the sound).

7. North Star

I am honored, Forest….thanks! And yeah, that green guy startled me too.

8. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I can so relate to Mr Grinch. When I first watched it - and I must confess I watched it more than once :)oops:) - I didn't realise that scream was coming from the green guy. I thought it was me thinking out loud. :wacky:

North Star, it's not just in the car that I have these little discussions with myself. I walk around my house like a madwoman. My other half will often catch me in the act and give me this funny look.

North Star likes this.
  9. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Peggy, I love the yoga video. Some people laugh during yoga (Laughter Yoga), so why not yelling?

10. Becca

Becca Well known member

I literally lost my sh*t (in a really good way) when I saw that video...I could NOT stop laughing! That was yesterday morning. I re-watched it today because I knew I wanted to respond to this thread and I am laughing all over again!

Some things tickle me in such a way that just thinking about them makes me giggle. (I actually have "laughter triggers" - things that, when referenced in the right way, send me into fits of hysterical laughter. My friends take full advantage of this. Apparently me laughing at these triggers is very funny to them, too...:rolleyes:)

So as not to get this thread totally off-topic: @North Star, in response to your very first post, I have two things to say:

1. YOU GO GIRL! Yell all you want at that Achilles. Yell all you want at your brain. Sometimes, you just gotta let it out! Sounds like it was really therapeutic to do so, too :)

2. Heh. Awkward stranger eye-locking moment. Been there. BUT (and I know, it's so much easier said than done) who cares? I mean, for all we know, she could be a cooky person who likes to eat twigs covered in peanut butter (or raw twigs. Or moss. Or something having nothing to do with eating things found in a forest, but that's just as strange). Even besides that...I'm celebrating your victory of shouting at your brain! It sounds like it can be unproductive but I think it can help a lot when it is in response to the right thing, and this definitely seems like the right thing! So, back to my first point: YOU GO GIRL :)

North Star and Peggy like this.
  11. North Star

Becca - ha! "eat twigs covered in peanut butter.." That is hilarious! I think you should record your next laughter trigger….I suspect it would have us all in stitches!

Ah, laughter is such a fun and wonderful healing balm.