1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

self massage

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by mncjl123, Jun 1, 2016.

1. mncjl123

mncjl123 Peer Supporter

in stopping all "treatments", is self massage and rolling a ball under my foot something I should stop? My feet hurt and this is my self massage modality.

2. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Well stop thinking the ball rolling will help your tms you can think of as a massage self care sort of speak but nothing more....better yet to stop it all together

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Yup, eventually you want to stop it completely. Assuming what you have is TMS you are perfectly healthy and don't need any massage. Physical treatments can drag us back to thinking physically, which is exactly the wrong way to go.

It sounds like the massage may be an opportunity to slow down and take care of yourself, much like the ideas in days 7, 14, 21, etc. of the Structured Educational Program. If that's true, perhaps you can find another ritual to replace the massage.

Baseball65 likes this.