1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Should TMS be given a voice or should it be ignored?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Davideus85, Jul 12, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Davideus85

Davideus85 Peer Supporter

I hear completely different ideas on how TMS should be handled. Some say it needs to be ignored, I believe Dr. Schubiner advocates for telling that inner child and inner parent to shut up even. Others say we need to give that part of us that is causing symptoms a voice and listen to it, that until we do, it will continue to scream and get louder. Which is the way to go?

2. Balsa11

Balsa11 Well known member

Everything in moderation
    Start with psychological, physical response is feedback to emotions
    Don't let emotions build up
    Prioritize and be honest with yourself

FredAmir likes this.
  3. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Hey David?

Excellent question. I say do what works to become symptom free.

In chapter four of my book I talk about how I did both when I was recovering. Sometimes you ignore it, other times give it a voice, other time yell it at, yet at time give it some ice cream!

It’s about being curious, flexible, and most importantly, confident that you are in control no matter what the inner child does.

That’s where mindset comes to play an important role. I explain in this video it’s importance and how to develop a rapid recovery mindset.

Davideus85 likes this.