1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

slightly off topic but could Tiger Woods have TMS?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by thech1mp, Apr 20, 2017.

1. thech1mp

thech1mp New Member

All his back problems started around the time he lost his father and have continued with his well documented troubles. Just something that I thought after just hearing he's out for another 6 months after another back operation.

2. PainNoMore

PainNoMore Peer Supporter

that's what i've been thinking. and i believe SteveO has said as much.

thech1mp likes this.
  3. MrRage

MrRage Peer Supporter

I've been re-reading "The Great Pain Deception" recently and Steve O spends part of the book analyzing Tiger Wood's career. I can't remember the details but he makes a good case that Tiger's divorce and family tragedy were causing him TMS pain.

thech1mp and EileenS like this.
  4. San Diego Joe

San Diego Joe Newcomer

Yes, and too bad someone can't get to him. It would just take one high profile athlete / Celebrity (Oprah?) to maybe break this thing wide open. (Hopefully the documentaries with Stern/Larry David help).

thech1mp and Leslie735 like this.
  5. EileenS

EileenS Well known member

Definitely TMS. Even if someone doesn't follow golf, it's obvious injuries has plagued him since his public marriage break up.

thech1mp likes this.
  6. healingfromchronicpain

healingfromchronicpain Well known member

I always assumed so.

thech1mp likes this.
  7. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

He's obviously got access to the best doctors, orthos and sports shrinks on the planet and none of them can connect the dots to the MINDBODY-BODYMIND connection. I see the same thing in tennis, Pete Sampras went out with "back" issues and now Fed has laid-off with back and knee, but he's back and doing well because his two best up and coming competitors Djokovich and Murray are having issues. Nadal was out with issues too, with all his OCD quirks, he's obviously a TMS candidate.

thech1mp, kld03c and Ryan like this.
  8. betauer

betauer New Member

All seem heading to TMS

thech1mp likes this.
  9. Un0wut2du

Un0wut2du Peer Supporter

Sure seems like it to me. Forget the pressure of the game. Look at the secrets he was trying to balance (hide) and under a national spotlight. I would be bedridden!!!

10. Steve Ozanich

Steve Ozanich TMS Consultant

Chapter 4 in my third book, BPPH is called "The Tiger's Snare" about Tiger Woods. I've contacted EXCEL several times but they could care less. Their statement to me was, "Tiger is not at this point considering a psychosomatic component."

It seems everyone in the free world can see that he has TMS except Tiger and his posse. The golf writers are always frustrated at the tight net around him, which proves that connection still heals and that royalty has its potholes.

EileenS likes this.