1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Squatting and deadlifting 200lbs when my back is suppose to be broken

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by Mrpjackson, Jul 7, 2019.

1. Mrpjackson

Mrpjackson Newcomer

195lbs squat 200lb deadlift and growing

3 years ago couldn’t pick keys up off the table without back pain. MRI said herniated disc l5s1 bi lateral pars defect , ddd, and
    spondylolisthesis grade 1

Last November my emotions where running wild. I own and operate a heating business that is hard on your body and bending and lifting and twisting was a real challenge. I was slipping discs and getting laid up for for days in pain. I struggled to figure out what I was going to do about my business and career

Employees were a real stress factor and being a people pleaser took its toll emotionally

Priding myself on a 5 star company. I feared the day I got a bogus 1 one star. Or even a legitimate one.

I didn’t want to give up the business I built for 11 years and been doing my entire life. I said to myself. I wish I was in a wheelchair because then deciding to get rid of the business that I thought was destroying my body would be an easier decision to make. I was looking for an excuse and my mind started giving me one. More and more distraction pain

At the end of December I gave my business to another company forwarded the phones to give my self a mental and physical break. (Temporary) I was ready to burn this business to the ground. The one I worked 10 hard long years to build. It was finally providing my family with financial security that everyone dreams off.

Here I was had everything I wanted and I couldn’t even walk to my truck without looking like a crippled broken old man. At the healthy age if 36

I took 2 months off and naturally the business slows down so I worked very part time until March. In March I discovered dr Sarnos books and methods of healing. I was a prime candidate. I had all the symptoms of a man with tms

Narcissistic personality ( right? Why else would I post this ? )
    Perfectionist
    Business owner with business stresses
    People pleaser
    I had a dead beat dad (why didn’t daddy love me?)
    Moved around alot as a child lots of schools
    Lived in the ghetto without understanding that as a child
    In 2007 Had a premature baby that spent 4 months in intensive care where we dreadfully witnessed him die and come back to life before our eyes

First couple years of his life challenged our marriage and us as parents (he’s healthy and good now, with mild Aspergers)

Add to that my desire to own a business that struggled and nearly bankrupted me (debt free now )

I became a Slave to my business to the point it was sapping my enjoyment of life focusing too much on this pillar of life. I needed to focus on all areas

The point of all this is a bit of a quick reflecting on my life and to share the upside

***************** upside
    I still own my business with no employees and work only as much as I want within reason
    Managing emotions and my pain
    Learning to accept that I am in control my life
    Developing a IDGAF attitude
    I only have so many fucks to give in a single day so I use them wisely
    Working out 3-4 times a week getting stronger and becoming pain free
    No chiropractor or pt since March
    I use a lift belt during heavy lifts not because I am broken but because it’s smart and safe. Tms doesn’t make you invincible to new injuries

I hope this gives people some hope, have an amazing Sunday

2. Timbercat

Timbercat Well known member

You did give me hope! So happy to hear of your success. I am 3 yr into my TMS journey and still working on it. All the best to you!

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Another great Success Story - Thank You @Mrpjackson for posting!!! dancea

4. Gojab

Gojab Peer Supporter

Love it. IDGAF is my new mantra

5. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

What a strong person you are, I admire your strength.