1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Day 1 Starting out

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Ben74, Jun 8, 2017.

1. Ben74

Ben74 Newcomer

Hello,
    Day 1 suggested starting a thread, so Ill give it a go. My dominant problem is CFS which started about 4 years out of the blue and for no apparent reason. I was very active before that. Would run for exercise, do resistance training and take hikes in the mountains. So the CFS is making me miserable and depressed for not being able to do that now. After physical activity I get muscle pains and no energy, no motivation for days.

In the past 3 years I have been trying all possible physical remedies. More sleep, eating better, vitamins, more exercise, less exercise,etc. I started to become suspicious that something else may be happening. I could observe that I may be well rested, feeling fit, but still feel weary, tired and worn out. I started to wonder if my brain was sending my body the wrong signals.

Searching the net, TMS was the only thing I could find. What is convincing me to give the program a try is that the personality traits that are typical to TMS are similar to me.

I dont have energy/motivation to pursue my hobbies such painting and drawing. I want to, but they just seem like to much work now. I just want to spend my days in bed.

2. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Ben. Welcome to this community of people healing from TMS. Our emotions really do create physical pain. The SEProgram will lead you to discovering those emotions or personality traits such as being a perfectionist or "goodist" person wanting to please others so much that we over-do it. You feel tired and just want to stay in bed. Painting and drawing are wonderful ways to relax and enjoy yourself. You may be worrying that you won't ever be able to be as active as you had been, or to enjoy those hobbies again. That's worrying about things that most likely won't happen. Try to live in the present and not in the future.

Ben74 likes this.
  3. Ben74

Ben74 Newcomer

Thanks for the welcome and advice Walt.