1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

sudden depression and TMS.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by stevow7, Dec 25, 2019.

Tags:
  1. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

So I have been improving A LOT in my overall life that i feel extremely happy for this improvement. Learning and implementing the TMS technique years ago was a success. After being free of pain and time passed, i started getting OCD and anxiety, something i didn't know about before. I have improved a lot with my OCD, but now i'm experiencing depression, well tbh i was experiencing depression, not so long ago my interests in things started to decline bit by bit until today. I woke up and felt depressed, not wanting to eat things i like, not interested in helping, no energy and constantly thinking about other stuff.

i was progressing in the gym so greatly and suddently i lost interest in continue going.

Could this be TMS going from OCD to depression? i mean i had depression, but it comes strong and sometimes it leaves and return. it's like thinking about things i used to like makes me even more depressed sometimes.

I'm finishing "Hope and Help for your Nerves" by Claire Weekes. this book helped me tremendously with anxiety and OCD.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi steveow7,

The swings between anxiety and depression are well-known in TMS work. So it is probably very helpful to know that, and simply observe with mindfulness.

Reading your post, I am curious about what you're naming as "depression." Losing interests in some things may feel disturbing, because it is a change. On the other hand, if you simply recognize "I am losing some interest in ________, and I"m not sure why" or "this is interesting; I wonder what it really feels like to not be interested in ________." This approach may help you to experience your experience without "piling on" anxiety about what this means. In this, Weekes' work may be quite helpful.

Having interest and losing interest are both natural events. I think I get worried sometimes when I think such things are very important.

What I am saying in short is to what degree does anxiety and OCD tendencies magnify your thinking about your changes of late?

TG957 and stevow7 like this.
  3. stevow7

stevow7 Well known member

heya! yeah i noticed it’s tms work wanting me to worry a lot about how i’m feeling.

yes, i’m using both, TMS and Weekes techniques for my recovery. acceptance is key. it’s just that i get this sudden feelings out of nowhere and got worst everyday until bam! today hit me hard and even lost energy to even want to stand up.

about your question, i get ocd and start overthinking a lot which brings high amount of anxiety and start to even get physical symptoms. like one side of my head hurts, nauseous sometimes, hands gets dry, mood swings and other stuff. overthinking everything does tire me for sure.

4. holly77

holly77 Newcomer

oh no, I can understand you. me helped only a doctor. Depression really sucks. It spoiled me a big part of my life. Luckily my friend suggested me to look over this site worldpharm365.com where is offered high - quality antidepressants. Etizolam helps in treating anxiety disorders and acts on the central nervous system. It really helped me in my life case. If you have free time, you can check out this site for more info!

Last edited: Jul 28, 2020