1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion for Alan Gordon - Guided Meditation

Discussion in 'Alan Gordon TMS Recovery Program' started by Pandagirl, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

I know I'm not the only one who finds @Alan Gordon's voice to be incredibly soothing! I'm not sure if he does it consciously, or it's just how he is, but listening to him talk can instantly put me at ease.

I use several apps on my phone for guided meditation, but they aren't nearly as good! I would LOVE to have an mp3 of guided meditation delivered by Alan. I would gladly pay as I'm sure others would. :) Who's with me?

Cheers! Mandi

2. nancy

nancy Well known member

Oh Yea! I would also be thrilled with one of Alan's meditations. His voice is so
    comforting for me also. Come on everybody let's beg!!!

3. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

4. Forest

By the way, if anyone is interested in recording a guided meditation recording for themselves or for others, I have a script for one from the Benson Henry Institute for Mindbody Medicine at Harvard University. The Institute is a nonprofit, so they encourage us to record it as long as we give proper credit. All it takes is a microphone attached to your computer or smart phone. Once you have it recorded, I can help you send it to me and then could take it from there so we could release it for free to our community.

If someone would be interested in doing this, I bet it would help a lot of TMSers. The scientific evidence on thebenefits of relaxation and meditation just keeps piling up more and more deeply. The hardest part would be getting the time and the confidence together. :D I haven't been able to yet, but here's to having dreams!

5. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

This is a great one, and shows how wonderful he is at doing this. I would like one that is a full 20 minutes. I, too, would be willing to pay for it. Alan has been very generous with sharing his knowledge and expertise with us, so I wouldn't want to ask him to do more for free.

Great idea, Pandagirl!

6. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

I listened to Alan's meditation and promptly fell asleep. Not that he's boring, just that his voice is very gentle and reassuring. I guess I just felt very safe because I don't usually nod off during meditation recordings.

7. BruceMC

BruceMC Beloved Grand Eagle

Howard Schubiner's guided meditations are equally soporific (i.e. sleep inducing), except that you have to acquire his Unlearn Your Pain workbook to get all four on his CD inside the cover. Yes, mindfulness meditation is relaxing to say the least!

I've found this Guided Meditation available on YouTube to be quite relaxing too:

That is, if you turn off the intrusive advertisement at the beginning!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  8. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes, I love these guided meditations -- I do them at least 10 times a week. I'm hooked:)

9. Pandagirl

Pandagirl Peer Supporter

Yes, Forest, and I use that one! Beyond that, I think a full 20-30 minutes would be ideal. I try to set aside that much time each day to meditate.

And I would be interested in recording one if you could share the script! :)

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  10. Forest

That would be terrific! I'm sure you'd do a wonderful job.

I've attached the handout. The BHI representative said that we were welcome to record it as long as we gave proper credit. You'll need a Windows computer to view the XPS file (it's a newer Microsoft format).

Attached Files:

11. Tala

Tala New Member

Hi Forest, did anyone on this site record a meditation? If so, can you point me to it?

12. Eloise50

Eloise50 Newcomer

Can Alan Gordon make a meditation recording?

13. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Alan already made some, but frankly I don't know where to get them. Anyone?