1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Supraorbital Neuralgia

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Irene, May 25, 2015.

1. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

:joyful: Greetings! I'm a confirmed believer in the existence of TMS and the "symptom imperative." Therefore, any new symptoms that come along are met immediately with the question, "Could this be TMS?"

Well, a couple of weeks ago, and then again last night, I had a particular pain that triggered this question, as well as led me to an online search. This pain exactly fits the description of supraorbital neuralgia. And, SN appears to fit the TMS paradigm: for the most part no known cause and no successful treatment, and often goes away by itself, after an indefinite period of time. Of course, in the literature so far, there does not appear to have been any investigation of the role of emotions and thoughts in setting off the pain.

Does anyone here have any experience or knowledge of this condition, or anything similar?

The excruciating pain lasts only for seconds, but is followed by hours or days of mild pain, with some kind of visual disturbance -- mild, but troubling.

Any ideas? I'll look forward to hearing what you might have to share.

Peace be with you,
    Irene

2. IrishSceptic

IrishSceptic Podcast Visionary

At my lowest point my symptoms started to really alarm me, I thought I might have MS or a brain tumour. I had this pressing on the right eye socket and ice pick/tension headache.
    Later I developed Occiptal nerve parethesia(pins&needles) and it felt like electrical zaps. it scared the life out of me!
    thankfully once I got to Sarno these symptoms all disappeared. I can feel some tension round eye socket try to return at times but it goes away

3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Irene,

I had migraine headaches for over 50 years that were always located on the right side around my eyebrow/eye socket area. So that sounds somewhat similar to what you describe, though my headaches would last much longer if untreated. Fortunately, I no longer get migraines since learning about TMS and using TMS healing techniques--I guess I've been headache free about a year now after a lifetime of suffering. My Success Story that includes all the techniques I used in my recovery is listed in Success Stories subforum.

Recovery is possible if you believe that what you are experiencing is TMS and use the standard TMS healing techniques, no matter what the specific TMS symptoms are. Keep us posted on how you are doing. Wishing you the best.

IrishSceptic likes this.
  4. Irene

Irene Peer Supporter

Thank you, IrishSceptic and Ellen, for your encouragement!

IrishSceptic likes this.
  5. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi, Irene. My emotions... thoughts... worries mainly... can bring on a return of back pain or a headache.

I just have to tell myself it's TMS and do some deep breathing, tell himself my favorite mantra...
    "Every day in every way I'm getting better and better), and then LAUGH. I laugh my symptoms away.