1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Book The Art of Presence by Eckhart Tolle

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Ellen, Jan 10, 2014.

1. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I'd like to recommend the audio recording of Eckhart Tolle's the Art of Presence. Many people on this forum are familiar with Tolle's books, the Power of Now, and A New Earth. I have found his teachings to be truly transformational, and I re-read them and listen to them repeatedly. I also enjoyed the webcast he did with Oprah on A New Earth. But fewer of you may be aware of the 2007 recording of a retreat he conducted called the Art of Presence. It consists of 6 sections, running a total of just over 7 hours, and is available for purchase from Amazon, Audible, or Sounds True. It is a bit pricey to purchase, but I was able to find it as a digital download from my local library website, and many libraries may have the CDs available to borrow.

The reason I love this audio recording so much is that Tolle uses a great deal of humor throughout. Who knew Eckhart Tolle was funny? And he explains his concepts in a simple, clear manner that I believe is more accessible than his two books. I have a few friends that haven't been able to make it through his books, but have enjoyed this recording. I look forward to reading your reviews if you have listened to the Art of Presence or have the opportunity to do so in the future.

Ellen

Colly and Eric "Herbie" Watson like this.
  2. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Ellen I have listened to and read a lot of Tolle. I'm a huge fan. Yes he is so funny at times. Not that I have read or listened to the art of presence but I plan to. I remember a story I heard from Eckhart about a cat watching a mouse hole and how the cat was very alert but calm and relaxed. When I got done listening to the story I was blown away by the way I had just listened to a story and it was about a cat and a mouse hole and it made all the sense in the world. Enlightenment by a cat and a mouse hole story -- only Tolle can pull that off.

Thanks for Your thread.

Ellen likes this.
  3. Colly

Colly Beloved Grand Eagle

Sounds fascinating Ellen, must check it out. Thanks for this!