1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The Matrix Quotes that Pertain to TMS

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Shanshu Vampyr, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Shanshu Vampyr

Shanshu Vampyr Well known member

2. Shanshu Vampyr

And, because pictures are worth a thousand words:

Livvygurl likes this.
  3. veronica73

veronica73 Well known member

This reminds me I have to see the Matrix...one of my Buddhist friends is always recommending it :)

4. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Oh, the ways the matrix can be relevant. To a certain degree, learning about TMS and that our symptoms have a psychological cause is just about as outrageous as Neo being told the world he lives in is actually a computer program called the Matrix. The entire way we view our symptoms, and overall health is due to the structure of our society and what we assume to be true. Our pain continues because we fail to question the extreme inconsistencies with our pain or ask really simple questions such as, How can typing cause so much pain? We view our symptoms through a lens built and created by physicians and the medical community.

It can take time, and is difficult to have the truth fully sink in. The seen you mentioned above happend at the very end of the movie. It took Neo time to fully believe in the Matrix and understand how to use it. Similarly it takes time for us to fully believe and understand TMS and how to use our symptoms as a sign to look inward.

We have to broaden our minds and begin to recognize what is going on just below the surface. If you stay patient and consistent in your approach, you will also begin to believe.

I love this clip. Thanks for posting it.

5. Shanshu Vampyr

Also, I can stop bullets with my mind now. :)

I got through an insanely hectic night (6 deep in admissions all night with the last one being an ICU admission) OK. I'm getting through this. It may take some time and Xanax, but I'm getting through it. For:

"I'm trying to free your mind, Neo. But I can only show you the door. You're the one that has to walk through it."

Beach-Girl and Forest like this.
  6. Livvygurl

Livvygurl Well known member

Here is a '70s TV commercial that relates to having TMS:

veronica73 likes this.
  7. Shanshu Vampyr

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! Beyond the flared collars and the rolled up sleeves, the 70's was SCARY!!!!

*has a spontaneous lobotomy*

Beach-Girl and Livvygurl like this.