1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

The most important points to remember

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by quert, Aug 12, 2012.

1. quert

quert Guest

Hi, everyone,

I just finished rereading the last chapter of The Mindbody Prescription and came across Dr. Sarno's "closing words" on the final page. They are such great points and such an excellent summation that I thought I would share them with the group.

Here they are:
    Closing Words

What are the most important points to remember about mindbody disorders and how to cure them?​

First that TMS and its many equivalents are essentially harmless, though the severity of symptoms may make that hard to believe at times.​

Mindbody physical symptoms are universal in Western society; they do not imply mental or emotional illness or abnormality.​

We are much stronger than we know, and have the capacity to influence what is going on in our bodies. But we must learn how.​

Where the group of mindbody conditions described in this book is concerned, knowledge of the process, and most particularly knowledge of its emotional sources, is essential and almost invariably results in a “cure.”​

Our greatest enemies are fear and misinformation. In the realm of the emotions, we have two minds and must not make the mistake of judging the unconscious mind by the accepted rules of logic and rationality that are characteristic of the conscious mind.​

The mind and the body are indivisible and in constant interaction. That makes for a magnificent organism, of infinite complexity and wonder.​

Reading these words, I feel as if the wisdom of 30 years of healing patients had been condensed down into a very short passage. Anyone with TMS would be well served to reflect upon these ideas regularly, perhaps even every day.

Leslie, Livvygurl and veronica73 like this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

This has to be the most difficult part of recovering from TMS