1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Time spent journaling

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by jennyc19, Aug 11, 2021.

Tags:
  1. jennyc19

jennyc19 New Member

I’m new at journaling and need some advice. My main roadblock is writing for 20 minutes straight. I feel like I say everything I need to say at about the 10 minute mark. Is journaling as effective if I write for a lesser time period than the 20 minutes suggested time? Is 10 minutes enough or should/ could I break it down to two- 10 minute sessions and still get success out of it?

2. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Welcome Jenny!

There is no hard and fast rule when it come to mind-body connection.

For you 10 minutes of journaling might be just as good as 20 minutes of journaling for someone else.

I do not journal about past traumas because I believe what you focus on daily expands in you life. So I rather focus on an exciting, joyful future by planning one and working on it.

If you see results by journaling, keep doing it. If not, try something else.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2021
    TG957 and jennyc19 like this.
  3. jennyc19

jennyc19 New Member

Thank you. I appreciate your advice!

FredAmir likes this.