1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS as a result of surgical trauma - the latest from Nicole Sachs

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by JanAtheCPA, Jan 23, 2020.

Tags:
  1. JanAtheCPA

JanAtheCPA Beloved Grand Eagle

Once again, I'm here to remind people to check out two TMS podcasts: "The Cure For Chronic Pain with Nicole Sachs LCSW", and "The Mind and Fitness Podcast" with Eddy Lindenstein (aka @LindenSwole)

Nicole and Eddy have both had some amazing episodes lately. Last Friday's episode from Nicole features a young woman who had never had TMS symptoms until she was traumatized by a medical sterilization device called an Essure (now off the market thanks to this woman's brave work). The implantation was the start of a 10-year journey of trauma and pain, which, even after she had to have a full hysterectomy, continued as what she eventually learned was TMS. She discovered Dr. Sarno and Nicole Sachs' book and work, and contacted Nicole to tell her about her healing process through TMS knowledge.

Eddy's latest podcast (from yesterday) is a great interview with a TON of great reminders and TMS gems.

I listen to both of these podcasts every week. I am still working on catching up with their archives! Check out my list of resources after my profile story, where I list some of the most important episodes.

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Thanks Jan!!

3. Boston Redsox

Boston Redsox Well Known Member

Nichole has some great podcast your right Jan but the eddy guy is to much into himself and really doesnt offer much in advice ...and his question to guest are really off ..not a fan at all .

A good podcast is the anxiety guy he's really helpful and on point and does not talk about himself all podcast long

4. JanAtheCPA

Let's try to be positive ("I listen to Nicole and the anxiety guy" would have been fine). Eddy has plenty of fans, and rightly so - myself included. Check out Eddy's episode #65 with... wait for it... Andy Bayliss! It's excellent. Only IMHO, of course. Never mind interviews with Nicole (three of them), Dr. Schubiner, Dr. Hanscom, Drs. Feinblatt & Sherman, Dr. Schecter, Steve Ozanich, the producers of This Might Hurt, Michael Galinsky (All The Rage) and many others.

5. LindenSwole

LindenSwole Peer Supporter

Please elaborate on “really off” because I have no clue what you mean.

I’m sorry you feel I spend so much time talking about myself. I feel like I’m helping a lot of people.

6. JanAtheCPA

Eddy, please don't try to change who you are based on one negative review, because who you are is what makes your podcast what it is for those of us who get something out of it.

In other words, it's not the podcaster who has the problem, it's the listener.

It occurs to me that for a podcast with positive and supportive content to cause a negative reaction, the reason is likely to be something that is causing emotional discomfort in the listener.

7. Bodhigirl

Bodhigirl Well known member

thanks for this, Jan. I find that getting older, a concussion and the normal grief of aging has been enough to throw me under the bus lately.
    I love podcasts and will look these up!

PlyoBrain, MWsunin12 and JanAtheCPA like this.