1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

TMS with social anxiety

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by AkashVerma, Jan 18, 2023.

1. AkashVerma

AkashVerma Peer Supporter

I have TMS pain and social anxiety. I read somewhere on tmswiki that you need to resolve the current issue that is creating constant worry. Social anxiety is the one issue that I have to face every day. Do I need to first treat social anxiety to cure TMS pain? But TMS pain is so severe that is interfering with my daily life. It is difficult for me to take actionable steps(Exposure therapy) for overcoming social anxiety. Can I first treat TMS pain and then go for managing social anxiety? Can TMS pain go away before social anxiety?

I am really confused and need your help.

Baseball65 likes this.
  2. Baseball65

Baseball65 Beloved Grand Eagle

Nope. To beat TMS you need to Re-educate, Re-condition, Re-Turn to activity.. the three R's. All of us have all sorts of different things that give us anxiety... becoming aware that they cause pain is the most important thing to get better. In fact, it might even help your recovery... As I Noticed my pain go up in anxious situations, it reinforced in my unconscious the truth of the TMS diagnosis which expedited my recovery...it's a win-win-win. I think people who aren't aware of themselves having anxiety are at a disadvantage.... You? You're right on time!

AkashVerma likes this.
  3. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I agree with @Baseball65 . They are both mindbody syndromes and the treatment is the same. The mind is creating symptoms in the body, whether the symptoms are pain or anxiety.

Baseball65 likes this.