1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

To try something new

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by mugwump, Apr 8, 2021.

1. mugwump

mugwump Well known member

Each day is a great opportunity to try something new and push yourself into areas that test your capabilities as well as widen your horizons. If you fancy taking on something extra special, what is your most challenging yet rewarding thing to do in order to get the most out of the year?

oneperson and Sita like this.
  2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Learn to love my close family with more ease, and learn to forgive myself more easily. Thanks for asking.

oneperson, Sita and mugwump like this.
  3. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

I really want to get into kayaking this summer. Returning to a martial arts gym would be cool, too. I'd love to compete in some local grappling competitions - we'll see.

oneperson, Sita and mugwump like this.
  4. mugwump

Forgiveness is an act of self-love and respect. The more you forgive, the more your love.

5. mugwump

It's so cool and also challenging. Isn't it?

6. Andy Bayliss

oneperson and Sita like this.
  7. mugwump

8. Idearealist

Idearealist Peer Supporter

Definitely! I love being challenged and trying new things

9. Andy Bayliss

The mountain is Mt. McLoughlin. A volcano near me. Only 9 thousand feet or so. Beautiful old growth here and there on the way up, and I find I can still ski sastrugi, to my pleasant surprise...

oneperson likes this.
  10. fewjoram

fewjoram Peer Supporter

Woah, that's pretty cool! I really love snow hiking.

11. Sita

Sita Well known member

Two things. To meditate 3 times/day for 10-20 min each. And to do yoga (exercise) twice a day, morning and evening for about 15 min each. I struggle with these when in pain.

Take care.

oneperson likes this.
  12. oneperson

oneperson Peer Supporter

This is not something new but it is always a challenge, and I can't always do it: riding my bike up hills. It really builds my confidence and little-engine-that-could attitude.

I just wrote a poem this past Wednesday; part of it is about some things I did in the last year that I'd thought I'd never be able to do or do again. One I had never done before: biked 17ish miles up a mountain. (!!) Two I hadn't been able to do in 7+ years because of health issues: a couple different hikes. I was kinda in a state of disbelief after doing each of them. I kept saying to my self, I did that. Wow. I did that.

So...in the year ahead? Well...getting off my epidurals. *gulp* I have been getting one every 12ish weeks since December, 2013. They have helped to keep my mobile, and I'm grateful for that. But what if, what if...I can let them go... *another gulp*

Thanks for the question. It was fun to think about.

How about you @mugwump ? :) "...what is your most challenging yet rewarding thing to do in order to get the most out of the year?"