1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Trying to understand why pain came back.

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Mala, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Mala

Mala Well known member

I posted a while ago about how my back pain came back 2 months after I had a nasty fall. The MRI shows spondylolisthesis at L5, S1 along with other degenerative changes.

I’m 61 this year which puts me in the slightly older bracket which is a concern.

Dr Schubiner was really kind & had a look at my MRI & told me to proceed as TMS. I am ever so grateful to him. He really is the kindest DR. I know.

I have been doing the work but so much of what is coming up is very much the same as before. Also I have gone back over & over again to the time when the pain started & cannot find anything major that was bothering me then. So I am trying to journal abt my personality traits & tendencies. I feel a bit lost.

The pain is pretty much there 24/7 & now I even have some tingling down my legs/foot.

Just wondering why the pain has decided to return.

Any thoughts r welcome.

Thanks
    Mala

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Dr. Schubiner is wonderful! He was kind enough to speak to me for a few minutes and it made such a difference! You had a fall so it's normal to go into fear mode. It's a mental setback more than anything. I think if you keep reminding yourself it was a fall that triggered your fear and then shift to thinking about your day to day life, it will pass. Everything is temporary. You did it before and it will happen again. I don't think it's necessary to drive yourself crazy psychoanalyzing every emotion. What is more important is not putting pressure on yourself and just accepting that this too shall pass.

3. Mala

Mala Well known member

Hey Miffybunny. Thx for the prompt reply & grt advice.

Yes Dr. Schubiner is the bee's knees, the best.

You know what really surprised me is how little I paid attention to the back as it was head that was hurting more at the time. The back thing only started 2 months after.

But then the mind works in mysterious ways

Mala

4. miffybunny

miffybunny Beloved Grand Eagle

Yes symptoms can move around in the body. Things can happen even when you think "Oh I've got this" BUT just remember, it's temporary. It's all the same in the end. There are most likely things in your day to day life that are generating stress and chronic thought patterns. Become aware of that and don't pay attention to the physical.

Mala likes this.
  5. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Well said!!

Just knowing that we are a bundle of unresolved fears, ---biological beings with a propensity for TMS ---and not having to do much about it is important to keep in mind!

Good luck with this Mala.

Andy

6. Ryanss007

Ryanss007 New Member

Also a big takeaway from your post is that your brain seems to have convinced you, ever so slightly that 61 is old and is concern.

Maybe see if there is work to be done there when journaling

MWsunin12 likes this.
  7. Mala

Mala Well known member

Miffybunny, Andy & Ryan all v gd points. Thank u for yr input.

8. yb44

yb44 Beloved Grand Eagle

Just another thought...how do you feel about the situation in Hong Kong? If that isn’t something that invokes fear, rage, etc, I don’t know what is.

I belong to another forum. One of the members lives in HK. We get updates from her at least once per day about teargas parties and other goings on. She’s been distraught. Very recently her back started playing up. I didn’t wonder why.

9. Mala

Mala Well known member

Yes the situation in Hk is at an all time low. To be honest I never thought it would come to this. The future is very uncertain. We have had 4 generations living here, 3 of which were born in HK so this is home to us.
    We see this beautiful place being destroyed & its v hard.