1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

Day 1 Using TMS to cure erectile dysfunction

Discussion in 'Structured Educational Program' started by Tacosaurus Tex, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Tacosaurus Tex

Tacosaurus Tex New Member

During the past five years I've used TMS treatments to cure myself of the following conditions: carpal tunnel syndrome, insomnia, pain in testicles, and chronic estuary tube blockage. So far I've had a 100% success rate using TMS treatment techniques to "cure" myself of these ailments--I say cure in scare quotes because I'm positive that these symptoms are all manifestations of the same underlying psychological problem.

I've had erectile dysfunction for the past 3 months. Although I can get an erection during foreplay, I can't sustain it during sex. I won't get in to the dirty details, but basically I feel like there's a disconnect between my brain and my body where I'm not deriving much pleasure from sex.

It seems far fetched that TMS is causing my erectile problems, but then again it's also far fetched that a healthy 29 year old male would have problems being sexually aroused. I've never heard of any one using TMS treatment techniques to cure erectile dysfunction--I've actually never ever heard that erectly dysfunction could serve as a TMS equivalent--so it could be that I'm completely misdirecting my energy by trying to cure this issue through TMS techniques. Then again, I know how the brain works. It refuses to accept the TMS diagnosis at all costs. It's strange that despite all my past successes using TMS treatments to cure my symptoms it never really occurred to me that my erectile problems might also be related to TMS.

So I'm going to try to accept the (self) diagnosis. I don't want to go to the doctor about this issue. I've become so skeptical of the medical establishment and its 30 second "hi-what's your problem--here's your pill" standard that going to the doctor is now a last resort for any issue I'm experiencing rather than a first.

So anyways, wish me luck. Some of you might be curious as to whether or not ED can be solved through TMS treatment so I'll make sure to report back at various times.

Gracias amigos

IrishSceptic and Judith like this.
  2. nowtimecoach

nowtimecoach Well known member

I do wish you luck Tacosaurus Tex! After just finishing a story in the New Yorker about how much money pharmaceutical companies make off of their pills and the marketing to make people think they need them to get better - I would steer away from medications also. I think its great that you're going to test out the diagnosis and see what happens. Makes sense to me.

3. bagofwater

bagofwater Peer Supporter

Makes sense to me too. What could be a more powerful distraction? Sarno sites this as a TMS symptom in Healing Back Pain and The Divided Mind. I have a feeling it's not discussed much as a symptom because of the stigma attached to it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2014
    Robinhood and BMoon like this.
  4. Judith

Judith New Member

Good luck with your battle. Hope it works out!

Robinhood likes this.
  5. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Like TMS, 90% sex is in your head.

Robinhood, plum and intense50 like this.
  6. music321

music321 Well known member

I'm having sexual function problems that manifested after quitting an SSRI. I feel a complete lack of sexuality. I'm curious as to how this experiment panned out.

7. If 6 was 9

If 6 was 9 Peer Supporter

Good luck Tex, I'm sure you're on the right track. I've been having that problem in the last couple of years that I've put down to being on SSRIs, though I'm in the age group where it starts to happen (late 40s) so it could be just age. I'll be interested to see your results.

8. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

It's not age, sexual dysfunction is like TMS, 80% of the time it's mental and not physical. I'm 68 and horney all the time--er,--I mean I fall in love everyday and twice on Valentine's day. It's a matter of being open and available for stimulation. If you're not out there smelling the roses, you're not going to get stimulated. Use it or lose it, maybe some good sex tapes.

Happy Valentine's Day,
    tt/lsmft

Robinhood and plum like this.
  9. plum

plum Beloved Grand Eagle

Tom, you are incorrigible :happy:

Regarding the delicious sexual world I'd heartily recommend an open-minded exploration of tantra, it's not all kaftans and scented candles. Mostly it's about opening up where you have shut down, be that physically, emotionally or spiritually. I've said countless times that the erotic and sexual elements play a big part in TMS but are endlessly relegated to the shadow. A good life well lived is passionate, sensual and messy (or dirty for the purposes of this conversation).

Our libido shuts down psychologically and physically as a protective measure and for this reason is an invaluable yardstick for true and deep healing. A person can be celibate yet incredibly sensual and in touch with life or they may be promiscious and emotionally flat-lining.

Sarno wrote about rage to soothe and many writers discuss pleasure as a means to remedy pain. Such philosophies have a long and abundant heritage and are worth dipping into if your hard is soft or your juicy is dry.

Ryan and Tennis Tom like this.
  10. pop_rocks_rocks

pop_rocks_rocks Newcomer

Hi is there an update to this??
    I too am suffering from erectile dysfunction for 9 months now and I am 25 years old.
    Used TMS to cure my lower back pains. And wondering how can it be used to Cure ED. If you did cure yours that is.

11. fred170

fred170 Newcomer

I work in the TMS field. For ED you want right side excitatory theta burst treatment. Tell that to your doc. If they don't know what it means, get a new doc.

12. ricecakes

ricecakes New Member

Hi Tacosaurus Tex,

Sorry to hear about your ED, I hope that it has resolved. I am a female so unfortunately I cannot share any success stories in this department, however, as a TMS health coach, I've come across ED in my young male clients, so far they are all due to psychological reasons (even for someone who had herniated discs, his doctor actually told him that it shouldn't cause ED). The most important thing to do first is to exclude any organic causes (for example: is your testosterone level within normal range? how about thyroid hormone? is your Vitamin D level too low?). I hope you had at least a visit to your doctor's to exclude obvious causes. Once the physical causes are excluded, you can pursue TMS / psychological routes.

Near the onset of your symptoms, were there any major life changes/ stressors/ or a new relationship? It could even be a time when you're doing really well in your family, career, relationships etc. Sometimes, sudden positive turns in life can trigger TMS, because it's "too good to be true" to your brain, so the brain needs to come up with a new symptom (that happened for a client whose back issue got better, but ED started, it was the symptom replacement phenomenon). Also, does anyone else you know have ED, or were you aware of seeing any ads about ED? Lastly, are you someone with high expectations on yourself, someone who self-imposes pressure, or experience performance anxiety in other areas of life? Do you experience much fear of failure? These emotional patterns may form a self-reinforcing cycle that perpetuate your symptoms.

I hope this is helpful! Good luck :)

fridaynotes and Tennis Tom like this.