1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

UTI, is it tms?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Stresschesstms, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Stresschesstms

Stresschesstms Newcomer

Can you tell me, does it (lack of better term) burn when you pee. I have had tms for a few years and it pops up in strange places and it sometimes hard to identify. I'm on antibiotics and they aren't working and everytime I get stressed, it gets worse. Now I'm wondering if it's tms. The doctor looked at my symptoms and prescribed me meds. Never a test.

Is it possible to have lower back pain and burning during urination and it be tms? If I know it's possible to have tms UTI pain, I could probably get rid of this in an hour!

I don't post here often but want to encourage people, you can get rid of it. It started in my legs and I couldn't stand for more than a minute for months. Read, the book, applied principles and was cured. It pops up in different parts of my body from time to time and once I recognize it, I apply the principles and it goes away. So amazing!

2. readytoheal

readytoheal Peer Supporter

This is my current tms pain. Feels just like a uti, no bacterial infection.

3. Stresschesstms

Stresschesstms Newcomer

It blows my mind that it can cause the burning sensation??

4. readytoheal

Burns, spasms. There are others on here with these symptoms as well.

Stresschesstms likes this.
  5. Stresschesstms

Stresschesstms Newcomer

Thanks, I think that's what going on. I have had tms in my legs, feet, hands but my pelvis is new to me. I'm sure it'll disappear soon now. Thanks!

readytoheal likes this.
  6. Anne Walker

Anne Walker Beloved Grand Eagle

I don't understand why your doc does not do a test for UTI. I have had this symptom often when there is no bacterial infection. But about a month ago I had it and it was an infection. I was surprised when the test came back positive for an actual infection but I am glad that I went in. I am not sure if there is a good way to tell for sure without a simple urine test.

7. readytoheal

You can buy the urine tests at the grocery store. I always keep some at home so I know the difference.

8. Stresschesstms

Stresschesstms Newcomer

Yeah, I wish he would've tested me because all the pain is gone now that I've decided it's tms. I'll have to look for those test strips.

readytoheal likes this.
  9. BeWell

BeWell Well known member

[Deleted at BeWell's request]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 6, 2016
  10. Candy

Candy New Member

how did you lose your pain so quickly? Just by treating it as tms? And did you lose your fear immediately?