1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

visitor count

Discussion in 'About This Site' started by balto, Apr 4, 2014.

1. balto

balto Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Forest, Is there a way to see how many people have visit a post? I was just wonder because I sometime like to know what topic is popular and what is not. I like to collect and share articles I like and that information I think would help me post what would be more beneficial to others.
    Thanks,

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  2. Forest

Forest Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Balto, thanks for asking. Currently, there is no way to do this that I know of. I should be able to add the capability via a "Template modification," though. It sounds like a great idea and I think it should be possible. I will look into it and get back to you here when I know more. It may take a little while, though, as I've been traveling since Friday night and don't get back until Wednesday.
    http://www.tmswiki.org/forum/threads/off-to-california-without-an-aching-in-my-heart.4294/

3. Forest

By the way, I don't know if aggregate data for the whole site would help, but that is a little easier for me to dig up and share. We are trying to spread the word of TMS as widely as we can to help as many people as possible, so we keep a careful watch on our statistics.

Here are the statistics from last month. The big graph at the top represents "pageviews," which is how many times someone "views" one of our web "pages" on their computer or mobile device. The blue lines represent this March (March 2014), whereas the orange lines represent last march (March 2013). Higher lines mean that we are helping more people.

upload_2014-4-8_10-59-19.png

As you can see, pageviews have increased by 83%, from 61,035 last year to 111,661 this year. The number of unique visitors has increased 129%, from 5,420 unique visitors last March to 12,436 visitors this may. During this time period, we had visitors from 141 countries, with the vast majority of traffic from English speaking countries. We currently have a major effort to branch out to Spanish speakers, though, and have just started our first Spanish language forum:

https://groups.google.com/a/tmswiki.org/forum/embed/?place=forum/espanol&hl=es

Our goal is to help as many people as possible by empowering people who have recovered from TMS to share their stories, so it is vital to reach out to whoever is interested in learning.

With this many visitors, it is important to think about who the website is controlled by. That is why, several years back, we set up an independent, government recognized nonprofit organization that owns, controls and sponsors this entire website. This is what ensures that the site will always offer unbiased support to independent thinkers like everyone here, rather than pushing a hidden commercial agenda.

I'm sorry if I get a little carried away, but I am tremendously proud of our community and what we are accomplishing in spreading the word about TMS. If we all work together, no one should have to suffer the way that we did.

4. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Forest, you have every right to be proud of the TMSWiki and its community.
    You work hard at it and the graph is an example of that work and its success.

Balto, you are a terrific contributor in your posts.

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  5. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

I love all of these statistics. It shows how we are growing. That is awesome and were
    having new healing stories at all times. Lives are bring changed constantly.
    Awesome.
    Thanks

IrishSceptic and Lavender like this.
  6. Mermaid

Mermaid Well known member

Hi Forest,

It's great news about how quickly the word is spreading. Huge thanks for this site, it's wonderful.

I love your youthful new look ;)

Eric "Herbie" Watson and Forest like this.
  7. Forest

Well, this took a while, but I just wanted to give people a heads up that I am working on this and that within the next several weeks we should have a way to see how many times each thread has been viewed.

8. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Excellent, Forest. This will be valuable to many of us.

9. Forest

Done!

balto and Ellen like this.