1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with JanAtheCPA as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Wanted to share something that really helped me make progress

Discussion in 'Success Stories Subforum' started by super_broad_caster, Feb 6, 2022.

Tags:
  1. super_broad_caster

super_broad_caster New Member

So I was in a pretty bad state the past few days after reading Dr. Sarnos's book. I was still really unsure f my RSI symptoms were TMS although I desperately wanted to believe it was. After agonizing overwriting my college paper and having to sit down at the dreaded keyboard my hands, wrists, and fingers pretty much instantly started hurting and seizing up like they always do.

I was doing the best I could and trying to stay calm and reassure myself but it just would not let up. Eventually, I got so fed up that I said to myself inside my head "fine, don't go away pain, stay there, get even worse, I can take it! (with a little more swearing).

Almost immediately my 90% pain level went down to around 25% it felt like magic and I actually laughed out loud I was so happy. I wrote 500 words and played games for 3 hours which I could have never done days before. A week later and I'm back to being in quite a bit of pain but I notice it seems to move around a lot more now so I hope that means it's a good sign.

Lately, i've been using the practice of defiantly goading my pain and saying I don't fear it, even if I may be lying it almost always decreases in some fashion. While I was writing this my ring ringer started to seize up again so I paused and shouted at it in my head and now the 100% pain level is down to 50 % and moved locations. I know this may seem almost pointless to share since it seems so silly to shout at yourself like this but I thought if it helped me it might help others who are struggling to make a breakthrough as i did. Good luck everyone and I hope we all make it.

2. fridaynotes

fridaynotes Well known member

i love defiantly goading my brain~ saying “i can handle this, this too shall pass, there is absolutely
    nothing wrong with me” and then moving on with my life.