1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What do I do now?

Discussion in 'Community Off Topic' started by Eric "Herbie" Watson, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Eric "Herbie" Watson Beloved Grand Eagle

Ok, I need some help to clear my head. I work on roads doing erosion control.The day before Yesterday my job was to get into a 55 foot trailer loaded with hay and throw out about 125 bails. The dust was so thick I couldn't see a foot in front of me, I could smell the mold and I didn't have a respirator, wasn't one anywhere on the job. I could tell it was getting very hard to breath so after an hour or more I got out of the trailer. went on to work outside the rest of the day.
    Now after I got off work and I was walking uphill to my home I felt this extreme cold chill grip my body. I was shaking so bad I didn't think I'd make it to my house.
    I finally got the strength to keep going and walked in, went straight to my bed, laid there covered up having cold shivers for the next 11 hours.
    I had a fever all day the next day and today I'm still in bed sick, fever, and very hard to breath. can't take a small deep breath without coughing.
    I know to not fear this, I know to watch my thoughts about this. I'm sure it's not tms. There was a lot of bails of hay that had mold all over them. I think my body is fighting off an overdose of mold poisoning. I will be ok in at least a few more days or more.
    My question is has this ever happened to anyone else while suffocating on hay dust doused with mold?

2. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

No, but I knew a guy who had respiration difficulty with moldy grain, in a silo. So I think you're onto the cause, and your patience, strength, and strength of mind will see you through. If it doesn't get better, seek medical attention! Good luck...

Eric "Herbie" Watson likes this.
  3. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thanks Andy B. I'm already feeling a lot better.
    Bless you

Alibumbayay likes this.
  4. Tennis Tom

Tennis Tom Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Herbie, glad to hear you're feeling better--there's a lot of flu going around too.

Best wishes,
    tt

5. dharn999

dharn999 Well known member

Hope you're doing better, my Dad use to get similar reactions whenever he was in the field during harvest with Milo.. only Milo though...

I've had similar reactions to breathing in saw dust when I work on restoring old wood and Woden furniture... I'm getting shortness of breath thinking about it

Hope you're alright though

6. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Thanks. Yes I'm fine now. I visualized the healing, meditated upon it. Took a month but I'm great now.
    I felt weaker after not exercising for that time and the fevers but I start my exercises back today.
    I'll also begin my deep breathing again to get that awesome oxygen flowing perfectly through my body again.
    Bless you.

Tennis Tom likes this.
  7. Eric "Herbie" Watson

Tom, Andy and dharn. Just your concern made me feel better. Thank you my friends.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2017
    Tennis Tom likes this.
  8. Andy Bayliss

Andy Bayliss TMS Coach & Beloved Grand Eagle

Hi Herbie,
    You are welcome!
    Andy B

9. W@rrior32

W@rrior32 New Member

Glad you're feeling a little better. When I have those situations It's important for me to not let my mind wander and be in control, rather, I do my best to only allow my mind to go where I want it to.

Yes, that's easier said than done. But, with practice it can certainly help.