1. Our TMS drop-in chat is today (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM DST Eastern U.S.(New York). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support. JanAtheCPA is today's host. Click here for more info or just look for the red flag on the menu bar at 3pm Eastern.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

What do you look for in Success Stories?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Subforum' started by Cap'n Spanky, Sep 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Cap'n Spanky

Cap'n Spanky Well known member

I'm working on my success story and I wondered what sort of things you found helpful?

hawaii_five0 likes this.
  2. Ellen

Ellen Beloved Grand Eagle

I look forward to reading yours.

I like to know exactly what people did as TMS treatment, how long it took, and how to deal with relapse.

3. Cap'n Spanky

Thanks, Ellen! Good advice and very helpful. My story spans a lot of years and several health issues. Trying to keep it brief and not to boring. But then it sounds sort quick and generic.

4. Sita

Sita Well known member

You could also write about the things that you tried but didn't work. And also about the books, podcasts or other inspiring sources that were the most helpful. Also about changes that you made in your thinking patterns. Thanks.

Ellen and Cap'n Spanky like this.
  5. Cap'n Spanky

Great suggestions, Sita. Thank you!

6. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

1. Tell a bit about how your pain started
    2. What treatments you tried
    3. How did you learn about TMS
    4. Your initial reaction to TMS
    5. How was your recovery

Success stories from my readers may also give you some ideas on how to tell your story and keep it brief.
    https://www.fredamir.com/testimonials
    Look forward to reading yours.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  7. TG957

TG957 Beloved Grand Eagle

Great to know that you have a success story to tell! When I first joined this forum, I was desperately looking for somebody who had had same condition and eventually got better, so I read every success story posted, looking for encouragement and reassurance. So, if you tell people what your symptoms were and how quickly you healed, that would be a great start.

Also, please, PM me as I am collecting success stories to post on Thank you, Dr. Sarno! site (with optional photo if you wish). His family would be delighted to read about your success.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  8. Cap'n Spanky

Excellent advice! Thanks, Fred. I'll check out the testimonials on your sight.

9. Cap'n Spanky

Will do, TG! In fact, your forum thread regarding Thank you, Dr. Sarno! was one of the things that prompted to write a success story. Forrest requested something, as well.

Success stories were very important to me in my early days, too. I imagine that was especially challenging for you, since your condition was pretty unique. That's why your story is so special, as it shows how the mind-body approach can work for things well beyond just pain.

TG957 likes this.
  10. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

From my perspective they don't need to be short or succinct, I actually appreciate the detail.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  11. Cap'n Spanky

Thanks, James. That's good to know, especially since mine grows longer as I continue to work on it.

Hmm... maybe an executive summary at the top and a more comprehensive report below ...?

hawaii_five0 likes this.
  12. hawaii_five0

hawaii_five0 Well known member

Tim: great idea: short summary followed by long version.

Cap'n Spanky likes this.
  13. FredAmir

FredAmir Well known member

Cap'n Spanky and hawaii_five0 like this.