1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice

WHAT EVERY RUNNER SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BACK PAIN

Discussion in 'Mindbody Video Library' started by Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021), May 28, 2014.

1. Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021)

Walt Oleksy (RIP 2021) Beloved Grand Eagle

Mindbody coach Monte Hueftle tells in this video how he healed from more than 20 years of back and other pain when he ran:

He attributes his healing to Dr. Sarno and TMS in which psychological repressed emotions create inner tensions and stresses that cause physical pain.

He explains that the pain is from oxygen deprivation. The nervous system becomes overloaded with inner stresses and tension. This automatically restricts blood vessels that then send a deficient amount of oxygen and blood to the muscles and nerve tissue and cause us pain.

He is forceful in promising relief from back pain, piriformis, sciatica and other pain if we accept the theory that TMS causes our pain and there is nothing structurally wrong with our back, legs, or other parts of the body.

Hueftle says TMS knowledge can relieve pain anywhere and in anyone but this video
    emphasizes how helpful it can be to runners. He suggests that to learn more about this, see the web site: www.runningpain.com

I am not a runner and never was, but I love walking, especially with my dog. Hueftle’s Mindbody approach to healing back, leg, and other pain, similar to that in the books of Dr. Sarno and others, worked for me and most likely can work for you, whether you’re a runner or not.

2. thinbuilder

thinbuilder New Member

i m a runner..until i turn the treadmills maximum inclined and then i have low back pain n left leg sciatica.
    i had previous history of plantar faciitis due to injury at 17, upper back pain and arm nerve irritation at 19, which then turn to both hands.
    then at my 24, i had this low back pain n sciatica. i m now know TMS for day 3. i m much better...i try to journal and reminisce all my past trauma n emotions. if u wanna know my history, u can check out tmsjournalist.blogspot.com
    i m currently healing, and i need all of the TMSer support and motivation. thanks