1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Wrist Pain from watching All The Rage!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Memawjan, Sep 25, 2017.

1. Memawjan

Memawjan Peer Supporter

Wondering if anyone has any thoughts on this - Yesterday, I was pleased to find that All The Rage, the documentary about Dr. Sarno and TMS, could be watched on the internet for a small price. I have been wanting to see it and wondered if it would ever be shown close to where i live. I wanted my husband to watch it with me so he could completely understand TMS and the journey I have been on the past six months since I have discovered this is what is causing the lower back pain I have had for the past 12 years. We decided to pull it up on my tablet and watch it together last night. Right before we were getting ready to watch it, I took my dog out and was just standing in my yard, and got a terrible pain in my left wrist. I wasn't doing anything but standing there with my hand by my side. The pain was so bad that I couldn't even bend my wrist or touch my fingers together. I just starting rubbing it and trying to get the pain to subside. I have had arthritis in that wrist before and went to an orthopedic Dr. about it about a year ago. He said it was arthritis and gave me a wrist brace to wear and it has not bothered me much for the past few months. It immediately came to my mind that the pain was caused by Tms and that my brain wanted to take my attention away from the message of the movie. We watched the movie anyway (even though I had to rub my hand the whole time!). Enjoyed the movie and hope it will help to get the word out. Today my wrist is a little better but still quite sore when I use my hand. I am pretty confident it is TMS and will go away soon. I just think it is so crazy the lengths our brains will go to to get us to focus on something else!

2. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Great documentary!
    The anticipation triggered something in you. I feel it might be watching it together with your husband. How would he react? Would he understand my problem better or not? Something like that. Or maybe it is simply anxiety about being confronted with a film that might give rise to other emotions.
    I want to show it to my family and close friends, but there is this nagging nervousness about showing it to them. I can't pinpoint it but it won't stop me from showing it to them once I have the DVD.

3. Memawjan

Memawjan Peer Supporter

Yes, I was excited for him to watch it with me. He is very supportive of me and my situation and maybe it helped him to more completely understand. That being said, I'm not sure anyone can completely understand if they have not been through it theirself.

4. Lou

Lou New Member

I have to agree with you that unless someone has been through TMS it's probably difficult for them to understand what's going on with you. My husband is also very supportive but he tells me periodically that even though he is trying to be understanding, he doesn't really understand what I am going through. That's ok. I'm sure you appreciate your husband's support just like I do. I also find the support on this forum to be very helpful.

Thank you for your post. Have a great day!

5. Penny2007

Penny2007 formerly Pain2007

I liked that it addressed those of us that don't get better or stay better after reading one of Dr. Sarno's books. I think there are many more then Dr. Sarno thought as witnessed through this forum :(

6. Gigalos

Gigalos Beloved Grand Eagle

Having Dr. Sarno tell you that nothing is wrong has a lot more impact than reading a book, so I am not surprised that people who only read the books experience more difficulty to get better.

7. Memawjan

Memawjan Peer Supporter

Thanks for your Comments!