1. Alan has completed the new Pain Recovery Program. To read or share it, use this updated link: https://www.tmswiki.org/forum/painrecovery/
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Our TMS drop-in chat is tomorrow (Saturday) from 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM Eastern (***NOTE*** now on US Daylight Time). It's a great way to get quick and interactive peer support, with Steve2 as your host. Look for the red Chat flag on top of the menu bar!

Yoga/Body Balance: OMG, moving is scary sometimes!

Discussion in 'Support Subforum' started by Anna1, Nov 28, 2012.

1. Anna1

Anna1 Peer Supporter

Today I went to a Body Balance class. I have done lots of yoga before my TMS started, and was usually one of the most flexible. I know that's not what it's about in yoga, but still I secretly liked that fact (don't tell Eckhart Tolle ;-) ) I'm definitely not the most flexible at the moment!!!

Anyway, last week I did BB for the first time, after years of minimum movement and no yoga. It went all right. I had quite some pain though. But nothing became worse because of the lesson. Just a lot of regular aching muscles from the new movements. Which was of course great!!

Today I took pain killers, because my knee was hurting quite bad. Of course, it's TMS, but I didnt want it to bother me too much during the BB. And still the knee, hips, ánd shoulders were quite painful this time, more than last time.

I really had to fight against this depressed feeling of "here we go again". But I did, and I feel great now. Will look for a decent yoga class though, because this BB, is not the real thing by far. There is no centering in it at all, and the music fits other kind of movements much better!

Jilly and veronica73 like this.
  2. Anna1

Anna1 Peer Supporter

I've had no pain AT ALL due to the Body Balance class!!!

Enrique and veronica73 like this.
  3. Enrique

Enrique Well known member

Sounds like you had a big success today! Good to hear that.

Anna1 likes this.
  4. Jilly

Jilly Well known member

I love yoga and I'm so happy you got back into it. I won't tell Eckhart Tolle ! He is one of my favorites...have you heard of Transmuting Suffering into Peace?

Anna1 likes this.